The modding bug may end my relationship haha

Keiran

Reaction score
Well guys, had my a3 1.8 tqs now for 2 months now and I've been itching to start getting power increases. The thing that's been holding me back is I'm currently saving for an engagement ring for the girlfriend and all is going well with the saving, until today!! I drove past my local exhaust company and thought I'll have a quick pop in an have a look round. I am now booked in at the end of the month for a full job, downpipe decat an back box, using the money I have saved for the engagement ring :/ guess the missus will just have to wait haha. Y oh y did I have to buy the Audi lol :)

Need to get ur priorities right i reckon mate ;)

If she's the one I'd cancel it

You wont be popular Kieran. Just tell her there is 4 rings on the car, lol. :)

Haha I'm sure I'll get enough together. It's payday at the end of the month :)

Haha that sounds like a brilliant idea mate as a new turbo inlet pipe at the end of the month sounds nice haha :) I'm on my phone at the min so I will get pics up when I get my laptop back from being fixed :)

What's the deal on engagement rings? Arnt they ment to be 3 months pay? A exhaust system isn't going to make too much difference, besides that it should be a surprise, so she will never know

There's not a set rule of how much money you have to spend on a ring, if a girl really expects you to pay 3 times or more your wages I'd be binning her off quite frankly.

i dont get all this engagement ring lark maybe me but these days i do think marriage has the same "ring" to it anymore. me and my lass been together for 10+ years and never really thought about it. in my mind do what ever makes u happy but speak with the missus first. then do it regardless of the answer pmsl

really if she knows you love her and the other way round, what's the point in a ring and stuff like that, id say buy loads of car parts bosh them on your car then windmill your wang at said girlfriend, she will be happy seeing you happy.

or if she's the type of girl that has to have this massive ring to show that your in love and show it off to every one. not trying to cause offence but then she's a Doyle, and she needs binning asap.

basically buy loads of car parts, and if she is still with you not giving you loads of grief then think about buying her a ring. :p

ps. i do have a girlfriend, i spend most my money on car parts and don't get grief or a hard time! its all good. :)

Lol 6 months!!

Marriage is just you betting her half your stuff that you will stay together for ever!

Sorry, but too many people on his forum seem to be working for their cars rather than their cars working for them. The priority just seems to be on the wrong side, but I suppose there are many enthusiast here !

^^ sorry jason.s didn't mean to give dislike. Damn phone ;)

+1 on the haribo lol, and binning off if she a gold digga.

Haha mega comments na she's the sort of lass that will prefer the power gains and wait out for a ring that cost a couple of quid as she knows there's no point in wastin money when she knows I love her :) top lass :) so a new TIP for me aswel I think :) haha

just a word of warning fella as of jan 2012, mot regs now state that every car orginally equipped with a cataylst convertor have to visibly have one when having an MOT other wise its a failure, you can knock the insides out the cat, or maybe make them design an exhaust that looks like it has a cat but theres no way round not having one unless u know someone "wink wink"

just thought i would make you aware.

james

Ha my mrs must be a saint lol the way i see it is that i promised my car all this stuff before i promised her a ring lol wouldnt want to look like a liar :)

Haha ^^ exactly mate can't go breaking promises now can u lol :)