audi s3 2002

Jagdeep Kalyan

Reaction score
can anyone advice me on my audi s3 2002, when on full lock from standstill i am getting a grinding noise from the rear. i had the halex filter and diff oil changed but this made no difference. been told it could be the diff, any suggestion guys or similar problems???:sorry:

Khidda jags! Right I have heard of this problem before on a few mates s3 when u changed diff oil was there any bits of metal in it as its a sign of something wrong but have heard it could be rear brakes as pads aren't being released properly and tend to grind I could be wrong but I thought I would offer some advice hope it helps

Reactions: Jagdeep Kalyan
so your just hearing noises and not feeling like your rear wheels are locking up ?

Probably haldex clutch problems. How often was the haldex serviced before you did it?

I had a similar issue took car for a spirited drive to work up the haldex. Dropped oil. Replace filter and oil and all was good after.

Also my earth was snapped so replaced that. Not entirely sure this would affect it anyway as some models dont even have one.

feels like vibration from the back, only does it on full lock when pulling in the drive, haldex filter and oil was changed about 20k before i had it done. feels like some is touching.

Sounds like the diff, did u change diff oil and haldex oil?
was there any bits in diff oil?

thanks i'll try the diff oil change. very hard to find mechanics that know about this, they dont seem to have come across it.

Please use online resources for valuations of things like this...

<tuffty/>

Last edited by a moderator: