Back from a great day @ R-Tech!!!

Customboy

Reaction score
Hi there all as most of u great members know after much hard work and saving and finding great deals on ebay, i got my car speced up to stage 2 and today was my day for a custom remap at Rtech, well i got up early to avoid traffic and sadly that didnt work but finally got there, all 150 miles of it and arrived at Rtech at 11am as car was booked in for 12pm i had a good hour to relax after a tough drive,
then before i knew it the car was ready for remap and i would be lying if i said i wasnt nervous or worried!

i explained to nick about the mods i have fitted the list is below

my car is a audi a3 1.8T AGU Engine 1999 V reg only covered 87K
Mods Fitted:

Forge Turbo Hoses
Forge FMIC
Neuspeed TIP
Front Strut Brace
Backdraft Turbo K03S
Pipercross Panel Filter in Smoothed and Drilled Airbox With Cold Air Feed From Front Bumper
Forge 007P DV
3" Toyosport Downpipe and Decat
Scorpian SS Exhaust System
Rtech Stage One Remap
Just serviced using Quantum Oil and new sparks and oil filter

Here are the pics below:

audirr1.jpg

audirr2.jpg

audirr3.jpg

Well i was very nervous seeing the car on the rollers and just wanted everything to be running well and right, and after nick did a vagcom check, the only code came up as coolent temperature and we cleared that and was fine, right so the rollers started and i crossed my fingers and it was so crazy seeing my car pushed hard on the rollers and nick made me laugh by popping the exhaust and seeing flames lol and he said the car was fine and well and was running

202 BHP AND 209LB OF TORQUE

And i was smiling and so was nick and ben who said the car was a good running one and was well looked after which did make me proud!

Then the real fun began and it took four hours of custom mapping and nick was simply a GOD! he showed me everything he was doing and taught me such a great deal about my car and mapping, feel like a student lol, also he cleaned out the throttle body as i was only getting 70% power flat out when pedal was down and he cleaned and sorted it out and i got just under 90% which was much better and so bit by bit we slowly started to map the car, but as the turbo was quite new only covered about 1000 miles, nick didnt push it hard and mapped it to be smooth and give me the power i needed by the way i drive and the end result was.....

221BHP and 229LB OF TORQUE RUNNING JUST OVER 1 BAR BOOST!

Nick was such a top fella and was well worth the journey the good thing was that due to my turbo being new he didnt want to push it hard and told me to run it for a month then pop back to him and free of charge and we will up the boost and get more power also told me to change the coolant sensor and buy a new maf sensor as mine was just getting old!

So i just got home now after fighting the M1 and the M25! four hours of it!! but the drive was fantastic and so smooth and power was great and cant wait to go back and get more boost in a month!!

I know to alot of people the power doesnt seem much but i never wanted the car to be stupid crazy quick just decent and smooth and something i can enjoy to drive and still have fun with it so im very happy and pleased and cant thank nick and rtech enough so its been a exhausting day but still with smiles all round

a big thanks to all the members here who have given me such great advice and help and a massive thanks to my mate dan my mechanic who fitted all the parts to my car and the fitting was top notch without any leaks after a smoke test!!

thanks for reading and i look forward to linking the rolling road vids to this post

Customboy :)

Reactions: Pedrosousa
Great result. Very well done, you must be pleased.

Prawn just guessed that to within 1bhp on another thread. I'm wondering if he spoofed it now!

haha thanks jim im just waiting for prawn lol im just uploading the hd rolling road vids to youtube so everyone can enjoy!

Glad your happy. Makes it all worthwhile. :)

oh they are HD quality films!! got to love the iphone 4s camera!!

wow, great result bro. adding to my motivation bag :)

Reactions: tanjaz
Never heard a bad word said about R-Tech,top work

thanks everyone for ur kind words! cant wait to go back and up the boost and see what else more i can get!! they did enjoy my car at Rtech and loved the colour and how nice it was !

Nice car and nice results!

Respect for not being a number chaser. Your car will be bettrr running and more reliable for it, more so than these nutters that just want as much as a ko3s will give.

numbers dont mean anything if it blows up and then see the numbers coming out of ur bank account! but we took it easy and i will be back in a month to up the boost and run it even better! so cant wait!

Excellent news. I booked mine in with rtech today for stage 2 mapping, definitely looking forward to it, although it is a 3 1/2 hour drive for me.

you will love it sportstractor! they are simply gods! and dont be shy to ask them anything ur not sure of nick and ben are just great!

Nice thread customboy, I've been watching your progress like a hawk as i want the same setup.

Nearly there now just need to find a TIP and rtech here i come!!!!

can i be cheeky and ask how much the mapping was?

cheers

Tom

really good results fella, nice write-up too,

really need to get mine sorted now, will probably have to make that long journy, but by the sounds of it really well worth it

Haha they where gods to me sportstractor! Just taught me so much about my car and wheandante hat to do next,

Takworldwide ur more then welcome to ask price mate, I orginally paid Ben for a mobile stage one remap it cost me £200 and due to the fact it had already been remapped by them they charge me only £200 which was great as what nick did was flash the ecu to standard and did it bit by bit checking everything and showing me everything they did, biggest plus was being able to get about 90% on the throttle as I was only getting 70% before ! Nick cleaned and tested it and was happy to continue and we where both happy best 5 hours I spent and to see ur car go through ten rolling roads and still drive so great and well will always make me smile I'm going to call nick tomorrow and tell him how the car is and book next remap which will be free after turbo has run in! So he said will up the boost and will get much better power!

Markeyboy ur more then welcome to come check my car out and see what they have done !

Those be fighting words haha good old pub bhp talk or arguments!

Yeah at first it was doing the popping flame thing due to the decat but was sorted after a few runs and getting fuel settings right

It'll still pop flames even now mate, mine did at stage 2 loads with a decat, and still does now too :)

Another happy R-tech customer, what a surprise! :racer:

Enjoy it matey! Niki was saying what a nice car it was yesterday :)

Reactions: DESTROY
Well I'm just going to get a few sensors sorted as he told me to then back up there for more boost as I'm still running only 1 bar and once those bits are done should be running 1.5 bar so a nice jump !

Happy days dude, bet yr well happy!!! A day of driving today no doubt.... damn I need to get mapped, all these 18T boys are going to be flying past me :(

I don't know if it shows up on this vid, as youtube seems to rape the quality too much, but you can see mine popping flames here after I pass Andy in the celica:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Customboy
Prawn I loved this vid loved how u done him! But love how he's say "fxxxking corner hate it so tight!! Im hoping to get my car up to spec for track days, once engine is down big brakes and suspension then track!!

There's a Rolling road day at AMD essex tomorrow mate if you fancy popping over to say hello, I'll be there in the track car

It'll still pop flames even now mate, mine did at stage 2 loads with a decat, and still does now too :)

Another happy R-tech customer, what a surprise! :racer:

Enjoy it matey! Niki was saying what a nice car it was yesterday :)

The subject here is Flames.. i want some :) lol

Oh man prawn would love to pop down but got to pick up my dad from the airport!!! And deeman get the car sorted and running sweet then the fun really begins hope u took my advice and sorted out those bits we chatted about !

Yea, they are all getting done, and and noticed something odd aswell today...

this pipe was split at 2 separate places and causing my car to hiss while idling. anyone know what it is??

IMG_20120303_154218.jpg

90% of throttle was after cleaning it?

Haha they where gods to me sportstractor! Just taught me so much about my car and wheandante hat to do next,

Takworldwide ur more then welcome to ask price mate, I orginally paid Ben for a mobile stage one remap it cost me £200 and due to the fact it had already been remapped by them they charge me only £200 which was great as what nick did was flash the ecu to standard and did it bit by bit checking everything and showing me everything they did, biggest plus was being able to get about 90% on the throttle as I was only getting 70% before ! Nick cleaned and tested it and was happy to continue and we where both happy best 5 hours I spent and to see ur car go through ten rolling roads and still drive so great and well will always make me smile I'm going to call nick tomorrow and tell him how the car is and book next remap which will be free after turbo has run in! So he said will up the boost and will get much better power!

Gregor571 yes it was 90% after cleaning it, whilst mapping was going on nick showed me via the vagcom system that I was only getting 70%, so he grinded the throttle body and cleaned it up as he said flap was sticking and not giving me the power when needed, so after a few mins of cleaning and checking got it as best as he could but it's a 12 year old car and it made such a difference, it was great to see the care and attention to detail he spent on my engine, and asked also if my maf was new I replied it's the original one on the car 12 years old! It's wasn't causing a problem but told me to buy a new one as it would make a big difference to the map, so got it ordered from Audi once bits are done back up there to up the boost!

90% of throttle was after cleaning it?

Gregor571 yes it was 90% after cleaning it, whilst mapping was going on nick showed me via the vagcom system that I was only getting 70%!

Just to clarify, on an AGU it's not %'age, it's opening angle, so slightly different.

in terms of throttle opening on an AGU, 90degrees is as open as it can ever be, so 100%, although most will only reach 86-88 degrees which seems commonplace.