My Dodgy 1.8t

deeman88

Watch this space...
Reaction score
After a quick meeting with Customboy, id like to officially thank him for pointing out that the bottom black bit on my A3 is not for the 1.8t and was blocking and suffocating my IC.

CULPRIT

IMG_20120302_164252.jpg

Now its pulled off and a quick peek at the IC on its way to getting loads more air now :yahoo:

IMG_20120302_164303.jpg

thats definately next on the list, but i want a neat looking one with no protruding pipes, whats your one looking like?

takes alot of modding with the pipes to get them to fit behind the bumper. but its worth it though to keep an oem look

im do know that fitting them properly is priority, but i guess im just a bit picky or whatever, but i seriously like how it just looks oem on yours.

i can't find photos but when i first fitte the kit i had to hack the bumper to bit to get it to fit.

i've cut most of the pieps down (apart from the engine bay pipes) to get it to fit snug behind the bumper. i've had to shave the bumper grilles and its still a very tight fit

passanger side, its a pain the **** to get the pipes to fit behind, its easier on the driver side
DSC_0273.jpg

driver side
DSC_0272.jpg

one down side, well for me anyway is the pipes in the engine bay
DSC_0267.jpg

(ignore the red circles)

as you can see they come over top of the engine then drop down behind the rad.

i'm mocking up pipes at the moment to get them hidden or use the standard intercooler pipes and trail new pipes behind the rad (just above the bottom of the bumper) to keep the engine bay as OEM as possible

now what your doing is like stage two of your install. at the moment i'll be fine with it installed (after i buy it obviously) lol

thats a new route- would love to see it when your done, or some progress

i will upload photos when i finally work out which way to route the pipes with the least amount of joins and the most OEM looking

After a quick meeting with Customboy, id like to officially thank him for pointing out that the bottom black bit on my A3 is not for the 1.8t and was blocking and suffocating my IC.

CULPRIT

IMG_20120302_164252.jpg

Now its pulled off and a quick peek at the IC on its way to getting loads more air now :yahoo:

What are you saying shouldn't be there as mine looks like this:

[
img2012030900115.jpg

Reactions: deeman88
is your grille throughflow? mine was closed off - i couldnt see the IC behind it...

IMG_20120302_164252.jpg

IMG_20120302_164303.jpg

Hmmm.....

Hers another pic:

img2012030900116.jpg

img2012030900117q.jpg

Looks a bit different to yours (probably because mines a facelift) but i still cant see the IC as it looks like there is something behind that blocking it.

Reactions: deeman88
your intercooler is there mate, theres a lil bit showing, circled in orange :)

img2012030900117q.jpg

Was great meeting u mate and I'm glad I could help, hope ur sorting out the other little jobs aswell if u need anything just ask mate

yeah its all sorted bro, thanks for the help the other day. just sorting out the breather hose under the intake mani and the car is playing hard to please :(