Badger5 Stage 1 Remap to replace AmD

atr1g1978

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive currently got an AmD Stage 1 map on my AUM 1.8 T but its only showing 185 bhp on the rolling road, ive had a price from Bill to replace it with his stage 1 which should run at between 200 and 210. The car is running on momentum99 its had all coil packs and plugs replaced, oil service.

basically should i go ahead and do it?

im very new to this so any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

Ive currently got an AmD Stage 1 map on my AUM 1.8 T but its only showing 185 bhp on the rolling road, ive had a price from Bill to replace it with his stage 1 which should run at between 200 and 210. The car is running on momentum99 its had all coil packs and plugs replaced, oil service.

Well he has one of the best reps on here for remaps so you are in safe hands for whatever power you end up with....:icon_thumright:

Theres always the possibility that it should be making more but isnt due to a leak or other issue.

That said i'm sure bill will sort you out!

The car is having its silicone tip fitted next saturday, and i replace the DV with a forge one before the AmD map.

Thanks for the reply

Hi,

Whats bill charging you for the re-map

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think bill would 'sting' anyone for a remap or any of his products. The bloke knows these cars inside out and is worth every penny.

Hi,

You couldn't go to a better place, Bill has more knowledge on the 1.8T than most other tuners put together. He spends pretty much all of his time working on them so will know exactly how to get the most from your current set up. Of course if you want it to 'breathe' a bit better and want to invest in a few more mods then he's got the best TIP available for the 1.8T and usually has what you would want in stock.
I had an AMD map on my S3 and took it to Bill for some tweaking. Turned out I had a boost leak (£15 hose fixed that) and then the original map was tweaked to produce 264bhp (it started out at 210 from the first run and about 240 once the boost leak was fixed).
I had the Badger TIP fitted at the same time and the results were impressive.

The very early AMD maps used to replace the Audi chip in the ECU by soldering in a new AMD one. This method is pretty much obsolete now as most tuners flash the new map onto the original chip. If AMD have replaced your original chip (they had with mine) then Bill may have to order you a new chip so he can flash his custom map onto it. However, he'll still be able to get the best from the AMD one and adjust some of it's settings but best bet is to speak to him direct and discuss the options with him. You won't be disappointed or ripped off, I wasn't.

You couldn't go to a better place, Bill has more knowledge on the 1.8T than most other tuners put together. He spends pretty much all of his time working on them so will know exactly how to get the most from your current set up. Of course if you want it to 'breathe' a bit better and want to invest in a few more mods then he's got the best TIP available for the 1.8T and usually has what you would want in stock.
I had an AMD map on my S3 and took it to Bill for some tweaking. Turned out I had a boost leak (£15 hose fixed that) and then the original map was tweaked to produce 264bhp (it started out at 210 from the first run and about 240 once the boost leak was fixed).
I had the Badger TIP fitted at the same time and the results were impressive.

The very early AMD maps used to replace the Audi chip in the ECU by soldering in a new AMD one. This method is pretty much obsolete now as most tuners flash the new map onto the original chip. If AMD have replaced your original chip (they had with mine) then Bill may have to order you a new chip so he can flash his custom map onto it. However, he'll still be able to get the best from the AMD one and adjust some of it's settings but best bet is to speak to him direct and discuss the options with him. You won't be disappointed or ripped off, I wasn't.
The b5 tip is for KO4 cars only up to press....

AmD didnt replace the chip they just mapped the existing one.:arco: looks like i will be going to bill.