Roof Bars/Bike Carrier?

MrTackalakalaka

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Cause summer is fast approaching and I do a lot of bmx riding, I hate putting my bike in the back of the car incase I scratch anything.
Can you get roof bars for an S3? Couldn't see any slots like I had on previous cars.

I was just using my mums yute before hand but unfortunately cause I'm a young driver the insurance is ridiculous! so I won't be insured to drive it from now on.

Check out my self filmed video I made:

Scott Tacchi Self Filmed Minute on Vimeo

Im not sure on the roof rack, but epic skills on a BMX

Yes, you can get a roofrack.
Having said that, I just put my bikes inside the car. Invest in an unpadded bike bag and then all the muck and mess on the bike stays inside the bag and you don't scratch the car. It's also a lot safer....

Did you see Police Interceptors on Monday Ch5? They had a bit with a lass in a Scirocco who had lost the 2 bikes off the roof of her car on the M1. She said on the program it was £300+ worth of roofrack and had been 'professionally fitted' by the shop that evening (didn't mention it but obviously Halfrauds) and it was the first time she'd used it. There wasn't anything left of her £3k plus MTB and £1k plus road bike.

When I think about it, if I put both my best road bikes in the car, I'd more than double the value of the car! Sad that S3's are worth so little these days, then again, I paid 16k and I've had 8 years out of her so far so that's only £1.5k depreciation a year (assuming she's still worth £4k).

I use a Thule bike rack, most solid thing ever. Done 70mph on a motorway no problem. I tend to stick to 50-60 though but nice to know you can still over take!

Thread revival here.....

Which one did you go for??
Going to be travelling up north and the dog is going to be taking up the whole boot..... so want a roof box for the bags haha!
Ive already got a boot liner and seat covers