Window tinting and shades

RyanS3TT

Reaction score
Hello all.

Im going to be tinting my windows front and rear in a few weeks. (I do it myself to save the pennies)

Has anyone got pics of their tints and shade details to help me choose what shade to go?

Im thinking dark smoke rear light from or light all round but would like to help choosing.

Thanks in advance :) Ryan

I went for 80% on the rear 1/4s and tailgate and 60% up front

photo-9.jpg

5b5cd136.jpg

Sometimes looks darker than others

I personally think I went a little to dark on the fronts from a "blatantly obvious, mr plod" point of view. Especially as the Essex police are pretty hot at catching up with things like this

On a styling side I like it tho

I kept standard on the front and went for factory matching tinting in the back and hatch. Looks mint, is legal and not too dark on my Ming with black recaro's.

S3 Dave yours look nice but I think its too dark at the rear. Does anyone have light smoke tints on a silver a3/s3?

I kept standard on the front and went for factory matching tinting in the back and hatch. Looks mint, is legal and not too dark on my Ming with black recaro's.

What percentage is the factory tint?

After I got a prohabition order for my tints the retest showed 75% VLT on the front side windows, so around a 25% factory tint on the front of my S3,

I agree daves looks very dark on the rear. I may do light all over or just slightly darker rears on my silver s3

Reactions: ShaunS3
Drug dealer....lol

What's the price for tints all round these days

lolz.

I had my old car done for £170 - Front drop glasses, rear 1/4 glasses, tailgate and a tinted sunstrip on the windscreen.

I paid about £120 for all 5 last time, this time, im buying the tint myself and doing it.. should cost £20