For the eagle eyed..

brasiliangringo

Reaction score
This pic is taken from an 02' Tdi (130PD). The yellow line shows the extent of the rubber seal which prevents water ingress, yet on the S3 (same age) i have noticed from pics that the seal only covers the headlights as per the red annotation ?

I must have too much time on my hands to notice this little diffference but find it odd as it is a fairly useful preventative measure for stopping too much water entering from the front in driving rain etc..

Any ideas ? PS HOW H*LL DO YOU ATTACH PHOTOS as 'Insert image' button just gives a URL inclusion box which is pointless when you copy and paste URLS anyway - pretty silly as is the Video one to.. Admin whats going on !?

Last edited:
Ok thanks for providing that info, intructions which seem unnecessarily complicated compared to most other forums where you can just upload but there we go..

Not really... photobucket is free and easy to use... upload (apps are available on iPhone and Android) and link... hosted attachments are a logistical nightmare to manage tbh and companies like photobucket etc do it better for less hassle for free... :)

<tuffty/>

OK, please see my Album or profile pic to understand what im going on about as cannot be ar*sed to go through creating a flicker account etc for one shot.. Cheers.

Not really... photobucket is free and easy to use... upload (apps are available on iPhone and Android) and link... hosted attachments are a logistical nightmare to manage tbh and companies like photobucket etc do it better for less hassle for free... :)

<tuffty/>

But uploading directly from a PC is far more logical and straight forward from the site users perspective ;)

But uploading directly from a PC is far more logical and straight forward from the site users perspective ;)

Not always, I have 2 PC's a laptop and my iPhone, I have various pictures scattered over all my devices but all of them are on my photobucket account that I can access at any time in any location on any device or even on someone else's device,
so much easier to share picture that way rather than uploading directly from only 1 pc

Having cast my eagle eyes over this thread, I have spotted there are no pictures in your post. What do I win?

Reactions: Danman1
I know what you are on about and yes some just go above the headlights, and on some a3s it goes right across the front, you should be able to buy the long continues version :icon_thumright: