Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    FIRE UP THE QUATTRO

Status

haldex intermitant problem, hopefully just in need of oil change

hi guys got a bit of a problem with the old haldex and hoping its just because its long overdue an oil change.
    everything was ok with it until a couple of days after we had the snow (which was alot of fun ), i left my house as usual but once i got past 10mph the back end started to wobble around like it was dancing. i did a lot of reading on here and determined it could be my pre-charge pump or worst case the haldex clutch which all said it would be easier just to get a second hand diff.

the strange thing i was finding was that after about 10 mins of driving it felt fine again and now since the weather has improved it rarely does it unless its very cold outside.

so my question is really..... could i be lucky enough just to need a oil and filter change
    is it a common thing i have overlooked

many thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I'd start with a haldex service and see how it goes
    MODS - Custom Code phase 1, 007p DV, various powerflex bushes, EBC grooved and drilled - red stuff pads, N249 deletion. Badger5 V2 80mm TIP. Scorpion backbox + custom centre section, LCR front splitter, Jetex Fr-08001, R32 rear ARB, Forged IE rifle drilled rods, 20mm rear & 15mm front spacers.

TO DO - Coilovers, adjustable tie arms, DP/mani/decat, FMIC and new remap

FIRE UP THE QUATTRO

Status
    special tool here i come then!

5th Gear

Status
    Not unless you no someone with one, or anyone on here that lives near by with one. Borrow for a day.

Cheaper
    MODS - Custom Code phase 1, 007p DV, various powerflex bushes, EBC grooved and drilled - red stuff pads, N249 deletion. Badger5 V2 80mm TIP. Scorpion backbox + custom centre section, LCR front splitter, Jetex Fr-08001, R32 rear ARB, Forged IE rifle drilled rods, 20mm rear & 15mm front spacers.

TO DO - Coilovers, adjustable tie arms, DP/mani/decat, FMIC and new remap

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDYMC_TQS View Post
    hi guys got a bit of a problem with the old haldex and hoping its just because its long overdue an oil change.
    everything was ok with it until a couple of days after we had the snow (which was alot of fun ), i left my house as usual but once i got past 10mph the back end started to wobble around like it was dancing. i did a lot of reading on here and determined it could be my pre-charge pump or worst case the haldex clutch which all said it would be easier just to get a second hand diff.

the strange thing i was finding was that after about 10 mins of driving it felt fine again and now since the weather has improved it rarely does it unless its very cold outside.

so my question is really..... could i be lucky enough just to need a oil and filter change
    is it a common thing i have overlooked

many thanks

Hi did you find a cure for the problem. My car has recently started doing this!! However I have done my haldex services over frequently and had my rear diff oil changed 10k ago.
    i did notice it when warm at Santa pod last year a little but only done it reveny with this cold weather.
    please let me know thanks Ben.