haldex intermitant problem, hopefully just in need of oil change

ANDYMC_TQS

Reaction score
hi guys got a bit of a problem with the old haldex and hoping its just because its long overdue an oil change.
everything was ok with it until a couple of days after we had the snow (which was alot of fun :)), i left my house as usual but once i got past 10mph the back end started to wobble around like it was dancing. i did a lot of reading on here and determined it could be my pre-charge pump or worst case the haldex clutch which all said it would be easier just to get a second hand diff.

the strange thing i was finding was that after about 10 mins of driving it felt fine again and now since the weather has improved it rarely does it unless its very cold outside.

so my question is really..... could i be lucky enough just to need a oil and filter change
is it a common thing i have overlooked

many thanks

Not unless you no someone with one, or anyone on here that lives near by with one. Borrow for a day.

Cheaper ;)

hi guys got a bit of a problem with the old haldex and hoping its just because its long overdue an oil change.
everything was ok with it until a couple of days after we had the snow (which was alot of fun :)), i left my house as usual but once i got past 10mph the back end started to wobble around like it was dancing. i did a lot of reading on here and determined it could be my pre-charge pump or worst case the haldex clutch which all said it would be easier just to get a second hand diff.

the strange thing i was finding was that after about 10 mins of driving it felt fine again and now since the weather has improved it rarely does it unless its very cold outside.

so my question is really..... could i be lucky enough just to need a oil and filter change
is it a common thing i have overlooked

many thanks

Hi did you find a cure for the problem. My car has recently started doing this!! However I have done my haldex services over frequently and had my rear diff oil changed 10k ago.
i did notice it when warm at Santa pod last year a little but only done it reveny with this cold weather.
please let me know thanks Ben.