help with a few issues please guys

daz-20vt

Reaction score
Hi all, im after some advice on a few issues with my 2000 s3 that i recently purchased, firstly im getting a rumbling noise at motorway speeds and you also hear it when slowing with the gearbox, the second one is a sound from the glove box area which sounds like water being pumped, its related to the aircon as it doenst make the noises when its turned off, if anyone has any ideas any info would be really helpful thanks, daz

Hi Daz, welcome to ASN. One of the guys will be along shortly to advise you. Have a quick read through the stickies at the top of the page to see if you can find any answers in there. Enjoy the forum.

Welcome mate.

Where does the rumbling noise come from?

As dave said, could be air in the coolant or aircon.

When was the last Haldex oil change? Mine was alot smoother after I had the oil and filter changed.

Dan

Hi guys thanks for your replies, i have no idea about the haldex ill look through my history. im hoping a wheel bearing rather than something serious, how would i check, its coming from the front of the car thats all i know, the noise from the glovebox sounds like water being pumped thats also full of air ? its odd but maybe a regas is worth a try, would this remove an air if any in the system? thanks again guys very helpful. daz