Grazam's Build Thread

Grazam

Reaction score
Hi all, its finally time to start posting up some of the work I have done so far :D

I bought my minge blue A3 TQS in October 2011 from a dealer near luton It was an hour and a half drive in the old 106 which they gave me £350 for in part ex for the £1700 A3 which had been dropped from £2400 so I was quite happy to snap up the offer I could see that the car had some problems wrong with it when I was looking but all I could fix or atleast have a go at.

Facebook

not sure how to post individual photos will read that thread later but there are all the pics i have of my car up there sorry not many

The first thing that I did on the car was to sort out the bubbling paint on the boot lock strip sanded down and resprayed with gloss black mixed with laquer on the last coat. its still good now so im happy.

Then the next thing that I did was the coil overs I fitted AP coilies from Venom motorsport for £450 as I was fitting them I knoticed the wishbone bushes were shagged. I took the rear adjusters out as it was almost standard height still so I know have some very nice paper weights on my desk now :p. I also had to cut my ARB off as Im a **** and ordered the wrong drop links I got the fwd ones rather than the S3/quattro ones, and I needed the car running and didn't have the time to drop the sub frame to get it out. Still waiting on a new ARB to appear on ebay.

The next thing on my list was as a set of S3 brakes I picked up from S3 nazz I think his name was, for a very reasonable £200 but I don't need the front calipers as they are the same. I have fitted the front disks and carriers with only a couple problems which were
1. the disk locating screw was completly seized in there on my old disks so I drilled that out and then as I was getting the last of the screw out with the drill it decided to snap so I had to drill and tap a new hole and cut down a new M6 screw to fit the new disk with that was the passenger side. drivers side came out nice and easy once i found an impact driver so useful forgot i had it :(.
2. Since I've fitted the new disks and carriers up front when I brake the whole car judders and I also knoticed that my master cylinder has a leaking seal as there are no leaks in the system.

I have fitted a JOM strut brace worst idea ever as my bonnet is now shimmed up with about 6 washers each side which makes it look aggresive as **** but it also means the lines of the car are ruined. Don't buy JOM strut brace it was £30 tho.

I have ordered all new Polybushs all round the car today so both front and rear wishbones, engine dog bone mount, steering rack, I also ordered some leon cupra r front strut top mounts for £9 each new on ebay. so all in all about £120 there.

I also have an R32 rear anti roll bar on its way here tommorow hopefully so I will order some polybushs for that if it doesn't come with any. picked that up for £70 delivered.

Tonight I had a go at smoothing my airbox with some pretty drastic results as I was using a grinder to make things quick, I may have sliced through the side of the clean side so I attempted to fix with a blow torch and the plastic dust from the grinder by melting it into the hole which didn't work, it just deformed the air box alittle, so I decided to use some duct tape for the moment and I will be purchasing a Jetex soon.

I also have the Pipework for the N249 delete but I gave it ago and some of my pipes were very brittle and cracked when I moved them so I soon gave that up before I did more damage so they are duct taped up untill I find some replacement pipe. :(

I have got a ramp booked this weekend at loaders to sort out my rear calipers and master cylinder and to vcds the car and find out some issues

So all in all its going fairly well at the moment the plans for the future are to

Fmic
K04 or GT28
B5 tip + Jetex
Remap
not sure on wheels yet might get some rota grids or drifts may stick to the ttrs ones will have a think
injectors
exhaust

Those are the plans for this year at least.

If you can think of anything that I have forgotten please let me know Im open to all ideas!!

I will put pics up when I put them all on the internet, don't know why I can't just upload them from my pc onto here?

sounds good fella. but cant see any pics via that link, "this content is unavaliable"

Just trying to sort out my router at the moment as I will put them on photo bucket and then link them in here

cant wait to see some pics of both before and after if you go them mate. yea photobucket is the way