finally got my 3" down pipe and decat fitted today

Markeyboy

Fan of the R-Tech!
Reaction score
iv had a turbo revs decat sitting in my garage for quite a few months now, i managed to nab this one on ebay for about £45 new.
iv been putting off fitting it for mot reasons, but it passed for another year yesterday so i thought id take advantage of the year

its much better looking than what its going to replace

463d21f7.jpg

and incrediably less restrictive

b0cc238e.jpg

really easy to fit, the turbo revs kit came with all the gaskets required, all i needed was a new exhaust sleeve clamp (56m to 60.5 iirc) as my one had to be carefully removed with an angle grinder

fitted very nicly
deca273f.jpg

f3ad209e.jpg

both the lambda sensors are in (with no spacers) have done about 40miles so far and no lights up or vcds fault codes, and it now sounds all whizzy and turboey and does seem to come on boost much quicker now too

pretty sure thats my last link in the chain before remap time

Yeah pretty much instant isit it. Enjoy it, if it does show a engine light, don't worry, you can get the code mapped out

Think you should show and tell at ace cafe today :)

Looking good matey, that downpipe is the key to 220bhp!

It will almost certainly throw a CEL sooner or later, but this can be mapped out if you go somewhere like Rtech :)

How i envy you S3 drivers and your easy de-cat

Spare a thought for us who's de-cat is not off the shelf and a pain in the *** to fit! :blownose:

Plenty room on a nice streight piece of pipe to install a sport cat too if your wanting the car to be legal!

yep just a humble A3

Think you should show and tell at ace cafe today :)

i am thinking about it but im working nights this week n havnt gone to bed yet, will try for next time

Looking good matey, that downpipe is the key to 220bhp!

It will almost certainly throw a CEL sooner or later, but this can be mapped out if you go somewhere like Rtech :)

220bhp would be awesome, Rtech would be ideal but its a bit to far away, AMD are about 3 miles from me so they may be given the task. or would it be worth me traveling up there

That's a really nice downpipe for only £45, but maybe you should look at turning the decat part so that the lambda sensor is facing upwards as the sensor needs to sit between 10 and 2 o'clock as condensation can damage the sensor.

That's a really nice downpipe for only £45, but maybe you should look at turning the decat part so that the lambda sensor is facing upwards as the sensor needs to sit between 10 and 2 o'clock as condensation can damage the sensor.

cheers fella, didnt realise that, will get it rotated,

they normally sell them for 90-100 quid but i got lucky on one of the auctions :happy:

cheers fella, didnt realise that, will get it rotated,

they normally sell them for 90-100 quid but i got lucky on one of the auctions :happy:

out of interest where did you get the exhaust sleeve clamp from? And did you have to drop the subframe to get the downpipe out?

Last edited:
out of interest where did you get the exhaust sleeve clamp from? And did you have to drop the subframe to get the downpipe out?

Never have top drop the subrfame on ko3 cars Dan, 4 bolts and it just drops out easy as pie!

Joining sleeve should just be a straight 57-57, the standard exhaust is 2.25" (57mm) and the end of the decat should be the same.

Don't need to drop the subframe on K03 turbo'd cars... they are so much easier to work on than K04 turbo'd cars :(

One of the nuts is a little trickier than the rest but other than that pretty much everything about a K03 turbo'd engine is easy enough to do...

<tuffty/>

Thanks guys. By coincidence doing one today with a k03s and having not done an a3 decat before was dreading it but pleased its easier , made my day better!

90 minutes work tops to remove the old downpipe and fit the decat Dan, very easy with basic tools and axle stands.

On a ramp it'd be under an hours work easily. Aside from the gay oil/water lines, ko3 stuff is really easy

I got the exact same decat and own pipe on my a3 and was a great and easy fit and makes such a difference well done lad and great pics!!
Im in se London and rtech where the ones who mobile mapped mine and they recommended all the mods I have done and is booked for a custom remap on Friday and they are well worth the 150 mile journey !

i think i may have to take the journy up there, have read alot of very good reviews and heard alot of good things said about them.

let me know how u get on friday, i may be booking her in!

Yeah defo mate got quite a few people interested in my results so hopefully will leave very very early and drive slowly up there as I know the car needs this remap with all the mods I have done, I'm hoping for anything over 220bhp and great torque and not being Rude to anyone here but I just don't rate Amd buts that from my own opinion and experience, and went with rtech and never looked back, I'm not wanting loads of big bhp well not yet lol but a good run around car looking simple and smart but with some nice surprise kick to fellow motorists, once engine is perfect will go for upgraded brakes and better bushes and suspension all round !

I've got a similar one of these to fit (Toyosports) but having trouble finding gaskets for it (its secondhand so didn't come with).

Anyone got any idea?