Votes: 10 55.6%
  • No I broke it

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
Jimgrims thread got me thinking how many people have the original clutch ?

1) how many miles has it done
2) is it remapped
3) if it went how many miles

I changed mine at 98'k miles
I was running a hybrid and stage 3 mapping,
All was going well until i went to launch with the traction control still on.
Very silly idea,
Now got a sach power clutch , its a bit grabby and had eaten 2 flywheels already .

Done: 115k.
Remapped: No.
Stage: 0.5 (235 BHP)

As far as i know the clutch is the original.

On my third clutch (Two of which have been Sachs performance clutches!) and second DMF and my cars only done 59,000 miles!

Changed at 91K
I killed it after 8x 5K launches with a K04 Hybrid.
Replaced with - Sach's Sintered Paddle with an OEM DMF and cover plate same as Tuffty.

Started slipping at 85000 but car wasn't running right for ages so wasn't an issue changed it at 103000
Pretty sure it was original but nothing to prove it
AMD Stage 2
Now running southbend stage 2 daily and smf on custom map and k26

Paperwork I had with mine showed it was changed at 70k... then I changed it again at 100k after a launch or too woth the BT :)

<tuffty/>

Changed mine at around 70,000 or Oem. Now on 14000 and it's slipping again! That's with mainly motorway driving and driving in London. Remapped with revo.

Paper work with my car shows a clutch replacement at 69k. I then killed it and the gearbox at 91k.
Replaced with OEM and recon gearbox. All good so far, now at 108k. :)

Remapped.

1) 118k
2) Yes but only within the past year
3)

Ticking time bomb as to when it goes not looking forward to it to be honest!

1) 140k
2) yes
3) would have been changed at a point but i havnt changed it yet

1) will be 130k
2) yes but was fine for 3 years. The new hybrid stage 3, the odd launch, 295lb or torque and 4 weeks killed it.

I'm surprised that some claim to run the standard clutch with similar levels of power.

still original clutch
106,000 miles
standard power

i dont do many full throttle rally slag style launch's but i do drive it quite hard, still not even a hint of slip yet, oh im the 2nd owner and had the car from 30,000 miles so i know its never had one.

To add, i normaly drive quite steady blah blah but when i do drive fast, i rape the **** off it, so far touch wood, still no slip.

I bought my car with 95000 miles and stage 1 revo, in that time the clutch had been replaced once before, then after two weeks of owning her I killed the standard clutch and had another standard one fitted!
3 months later I burnt that one out too, so then I decided to buy a helix paddle clutch which I also managed to burn out within a year I then
after several small engine mods and a nos kitt and loadsa of sprint days
im now on my 6th clutch with the seventh being fitted when I have my engine conversion done
The paddle clutches are awesome and could last most ppl years but with all the 5k launches and almost 200000 miles I've manged to notch up I seem to eat them :)

Think mine has just got today well hoping it's that and not the box it's covered 91,000 not mapped and no paperwork about clutch had 1 previous owner.

144k, no record of replacement but i doubt its original
standard map

i HAVE in the past done the odd 4-5k launch, i've since learnt my lesson.
as soon as mine is tuned i expect it to start slipping, so will budget for that

On second clutch, Sachs Organic, original DMF.
Car was remapped at 34k / 3.5 years old.
Lasted another 24k / 3 years (so original went at 58k / 6.5 years)
Currently at 92k / 11 years (so have had uprated one for 34k / 4.5 years)