Boost

woking rob

Reaction score
What sort of boost prussre do standard cars run? Stage 1 mapped? Stage 2 mapped?
Thank u rob

Stage 2 won't necessarily run more boost maybe just more timing. Stock boost is around 14psi +- and a stage map 16-20psi +- . Spikes might be more . Different tuners will set different loads and timings

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure it's more than that Dan, a 150bhp A3 runs 6-7psi, a 180bhp quattro runs 10-11psi, I thought a stock S3 ran more like 14psi, with stage 1 maps usually running 18-20psi, and stage 2 maps typically running 20-22psi with a load more timing

Nick you are right, I have corrected my statement re stock boost. I'm going to plead a little bit of stupidity and some baby brain and say I had actuator pressure in mind when I said 10psi.

Boost v timing.....

Last edited:
Well i had a little look at mine and it showed 1.7 bar and the gauge had a little leak in it (only temp done it through window)

Well rob that's 24 psi . I guess that's a spike of 24psi. Your Chinese copy turbo ain't going to last that long if you keep giving it 24 psi! Just as well you have a new one to fit!

1.7bar is too much... is yours mapped?

<tuffty/>

Yes his car is mapped. It has my old Stage 2 revo ecu in it. It only ran about 20 psi in my car, but poor Rob has had a whole load of issues with his car that are slowly being sorted. There are still boost leaks, Most of the Vaccumm pipes where rotten, He was told it had a hybrid turbo when he bought it but it's a chinese copy.. And sure the Leak in the gauge wasn't helping!

Like I say Rob driving it like its an F1 car with that dodgy turbo in it will only spell disaster....

It's fast tho, can spin up all 4s and am all over evos, but got a nice little turbo going on soon ain't I dan :) would it b worth just doing the rods? Or get stroker kit? Iv got a hybrid going on?

Do the rods.... Please... Bearing in mind you don't know what the engine is like, you'll going to need to remove the sump and head anyway it's the ideal time to get the rods done.

Strokers good just more ££££

Yh it will b rods minimum or do I go all out and get the crank rods and pistons? Is the extra cc woth it on a hybrid?