Rear wiper help

recomdos

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi all,

Years ago, I swapped my rear wiper for an 8P rear wiper. It's been fine and dandy, causing no problems and I liked the look of it. Obviously someone else likes the look of it and tried to yank it off the other day!! Swearword!!!

So, today I thought I'd remove it properly as it's cracked and therefore didn't sit right. I still had the old wiper kicking around in the garage so I thought it would be a nice simple swap. Not quite as I remembered it!!! Got the top nut free, though the wiper blade wouldn't come off. Getting annoyed (and because it was cracked) I pulled it off over the other 'nut'. Now I say this 'nut' because it's rounded - I'm not entirely sure if it is a nut as it's rounded. Either way I applied wd40 and tried to unscrew it, but it wouldn't budge. The original 8L wiper won't sit over the top of it, so I'm wondering how to get the orginal wiper back on...or even another 8P wiper if I choose to buy another one. At the moment I have the washer jet sticking out the boot of the car with no wiper and it looks daft.

The simplest of little things can become so frustrating. Really wish I caught the little swearword as I'd wedged his head between my boot. If needs be I'll get some pics, but I was wondering if anyone has replaced their rear wiper arm recently if they could jog my memory. Any photos would be awesome.

Cheers
Rob

I just un screwed the top nut and aplied slight preasure to lift off the old arm. sounds like you might have broke the 8P item and the inner has become stuck to the wiper motor shaft.

Thanks Paul - this is what I've been thinking. I couldn't remember 'screwing' the wiper arm on - as the old one just has a simple impression where it sat. But then, I couldn't remember if the 8P wiper had an 'inner' fixing - which I'm thinking it could do? perhaps this has broke from the wiper arm, and as you say became stuck on the shaft? if that's the case, the next question would be - how to remove it (safely).

I can't believe the little scroats would try for a bloomin wiper. Obviously they think it looked good too.

Hmmm

if its left the sleeve on then you could try and cut it off. Or cut it to weaken it then try and prise it off.

A Dreamel would help or if your good with a hack saw blade then that might work also