new S3 need to put private registration on - best way??

Hi
as some of you have seen I have just bought my first Audi S3, I have a private plate on retention and wish to put it on the car when it arrives (tomorrow). The retention runs out on the 12th may (nothing like cutting things fine! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif) So I would like to reg the car not only in my name but also on the plate in one go, can anyone tell me how to do it. Do I need all the V5 form and take it to the local DVLA office or can i just use the bit I am supposed to keep and let the previous owner send her bit off (or do i send the retention doc off with the previous owners bit?). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

anyone know how to do this??
sorry i know this is a generic post but i know people read this forum!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
thanks

Take the new keepers part of the document and the retention doc to the dvla local office with the mot and tax serial number. Fill out the correct form and they will process the doc and have it all ready to collect within 7 working days.

I was at my local office on friday doing a similar thing!

Hope this helps!

Thanks, this makes sense. I was worried I was going to have to ask the old owner to trust me with their part. Cheers.

remember your insurance certificate!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

You can get a extension on your rentention certificate. Just phone the DVLA,.

extension is £25 per year, damn insurance only just done that online so we will see if it arrives in time, I was going tomorrow to do it but it looks like it will have to wait

You wont need to take the insurance doc with you at all

If you phone them now they may be able to send the doc out with the new plate as long as you tell them the date your putting it on the car.

i took my retention certificate, new keepers cert, mot and insurace (cant remember if it was needed) to local office and got it done in 10 mins, then went to motor world and got number plate made up.

All done, you only need

Retention doc
V5
MOT
Tax disk

As long as everything is filled out correctly you walk away with a new tax disk with you new reg on it and proof (if required) to get a plate made up. You are then free to put your lovely private plate on the car and drive sedately off!!

Yipeeeee

Thanks for the help guys

You just got this car right?

And you are driving sedately /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif lol

this was handy!
i just bought an s3 yesterday afternoon and was going to post a thread asking this.
cheers boys!