deeman88's A3 Build Thread

deeman88

Watch this space...
Reaction score
Hey guys its about time i attempt to get my thread up and running. First things first, I was getting to the end of my insurance policy and that usually means 1 thing for a young driver... Cheaper Car Insurance when i renew lol, so i got online and started a search for a VAG.

Two Cars came to mind, MK4 GTI (1.8T) OR THE A3 1.8T. On the 5th August 2011 my internet searches finally gave me some good results, Lucky for me i found 2 cars at one garage and off i went accompanied by my two buddies.... to Birmingham.

After viewing both cars i decided the Purple A3 was shouting my name, and heres a picture of my Current car at the time, Renault Megane coupe 1.6 (slightly modified) and the new baby
IMG-20110805-00029.jpg

A picture of the Monster truck height
IMG-20110806-00031.jpg
I must admit i was pretty impressed at the power i got when the turbo kicked in, how spacious it was inside (compared to the Megane Coupe) and was grinning all the way home :).

More to come

Enjoy

Never seen one that colour! Looks nice and clean. Whats the plans?

Get it remapped, the turbo power will impress even more... :)

lol thanks, i have only seen one and that was among the top reasons i bought it. Yea i got plans for it, currently running an unmapped KO3s but a remap is coming very soon!

Aaron, hows it going? im all good thanks. Just confirmed my place on the official list. see you there :)

Four days after buying the car, i bought a Forge 006 Dumpvalve and was delighted lol. it wasnt as loud as the Baileys i had on my Rover Turbo but nevermind, it did something lol :)

IMG_20120228_012915.jpg

At this time Audi's Concert Tape Player was a bit outdated so off to Finsbury Park to the well Known Car Audio and security shop 'Finsbury Car Audio to be updated.

They sorted my audio out with an Alpine DVD, Bluetooth, Navigation 7inch Flipout screen, Fli Sup with built-in amp and i was good to go.

Hackney-20110808-00033.jpg

Then i bought myself a Keyring thingy to make me feel warm inside ....

BarkingandDagenham-20110821-00053.jpg

lol... theres just 1 at the moment, its on the drivers side rear window.... i'll post a pic up soon.

Very nice Deeman88, what engine is your car? Looks great and very unique :) what plans you got? how you finding that forge Splitter R? Keep well buddy

hey ChaddyA3, its a 1999 1.8TURBO AGU engine. im planning on a front mount intercooler, and remap soon.

but currently its got a bigger turbo, decat, downpipe and the forge.

well done, great start indeed :) im still stock at the moment until i have funds to get started :) good luck with the build and may you have many happy miles of boost with the beauty

Oh yes 1 more thing where can i get 2 of those ASN stickers from? i am a proud supporter from South Africa :)

Was great meeting u today mate just remember my advice and still laughing about the tax disc lol !!

lol, yea its a rare colour thank yu! lol. and im stil laughing too, at the BP n my way home i saw a marked 3series and my heart sank thinking "what if they know"

Back to the Build Thread....

September 2011

Very soon the bug bit me and started buying some kit for the car,
Starteted with FK Coilovers...

before and after pics...

IMG-20110806-00031.jpg

IMG-20110915-00103-1.jpg

working on it with my best mate :)

IMG-20110915-00104.jpg

after
IMG-20110915-00102.jpg

IMG-20111105-00014.jpg

yea its coming together but i have done loads, its just that i need to update this space... bit by bit.

It's good that you are putting your experiences up here. I spent 2 years reading and about 5 months joining and posting but still no build thread. Like you have said, done loads but struggle to find the time to post my story in chronological order. Keep up the good work, others will benefit.

so far its in chronolgical order, but its gonna start getting tricky as my memory is a bit crappy and there are some times i didn't take pictures.

A few days after getting the Coilovers sorted and settled in, im innocently checking the oil and this happens...

IMG-20111029-00005.jpg

So off t the Stealers i go and order a replacement bit

IMG-20111029-00003.jpg

Very nice buddy, all coming together I see :) pitty about the dipstick though + hope you got it all sorted. How you finding the Coilies? i would like to get some soon :) keep well Cheers

the coilovers are fine and the ride is nice, steady and very poised.

October 2011:

Very active month (well for me anyway). I started thinking of and researching into "GO Faster Bits" and obviously a turbo was the first on my mind. i sourced this 50k mile k03s from Luton and it was going for a descent amount. so off i went and came back with this bad boy...

IMG-20111207-00060.jpg

IMG-20111207-00061.jpg

IMG-20111207-00059.jpg

@Deeman88 - Sorry been abit busy,at work and net sucks here at the office sometimes. Coilies look great still ;-) (when can I take delivery?? haha) glad the ride is still good etc. I am wanting to get JOM BlueLine Coilies as they are available here in SA and not extremely expensive. I am still awaiting funds & news on a new job :) then will get fully started. Hows the progress coming along? The Ko3s looks good :) any shaft play etc? Cheers bud keep well

lol, hope them coilovers come soon, sorry about the slow internet, .... i have the same problem at my house. the ko3s is alright, saving up for a remap and fmic now. need to sort out a grinding noise when im turning right, sounds like driveshaft rub but its only when i turn- sometimes.

Nice work matey. I hope u are keeping those wheels it looks proper sleeper..... oh and seriously REMAP!!

either keep them or interchange the 16's as im looking for a new job and 18's are a bit pricey these days if you aint gt a pay cheque :( but remap is definately coming.... watch this space :iagree:

Glad you coming along well buddy, I am also saving up on a Remap at the moment :) would prefer a faster car than a lowered car :) haha. But the Coilies will come soon! Looking forward to seeing your figures:thumbsup:when the Remap is completed. Keep well bro

Been a while since i updated this because my internet has been really stupid and wont stay connected for more than 2 minutes. so hopefully today it lets me.

here goes nothing...