deeman88's A3 Build Thread

I noticed the passenger window would go down and have some trouble coming back up.

I researched it on here and asked around and was adviced to change the window carriers. Off to the stealers I go, and might aswell order some new wheel bolts while im there.
Got helped by my VAG friendly best mate to change the window carriers. Didn't take pictures because it was a bit wet outside and wasnt too keen on getting the phone out.

Then one morning the car wouldn't start or charge and this happened while out shopping. Had to call the AA, and was advised to buy a new battery. So went to buy a Heavy Duty one to cope with the In Car Entertainment running in the car.
Once Again, No pics.

Lastly in October:
After Lowering the car, the ABS Cables were rubbing on the wheel so that brought up the ABS Light. Off to the stealers again and boy where they happy to see me again! got 2 ABS Sensors and the cables and replaced them just in time for the MOT.

November was a slightly quiet month, managed to convince my other friend to sell me his 18" RS8 Reps and he did it. Yay me! Some photos below.Before
IMG-20110806-00031.jpg
After
IMG-20111206-00058.jpg
IMG-20111206-00057.jpg

Looks better already. 17" are way too small.

Reactions: deeman88
These A3's came with 16's!! But i want to get a descent set of 17's because these 18's are a big dent on the wallet right now

Just read through, good work buddy! The ride had a nice stance to it now

Keep up the good work bro was good seeing u yesterday u coming down to COLLIERS wood today ?

Yeah it was a good lil quick meet, but can't make it today gotta go Luton with the missus! But gonna be at AMD though. Enjoy. @JayA3 thanks bro, its getting there slowly, just need to get some spacers and bigger loop ARB ;)

Just had a read through mate good stuff keep up the good work :)
you going ace cafe on tues ? If you are see you then

Heyy! Yea I'll definitely be at ace for definite. Silly me managed to miss the 2 events I had planned to attend this weekend. Doh! seee you Tuesday

Cars looking good bro when you fitted coilies did you replace the drop links or not?

Thanks, no I haven't replaced them yet. It rubs when I go over bumps in the road at speed etc though. But gonna add that to my money-pit list :)

Haha yeah mate tell me about it best to get it sorted though :p

Will definitely do that. My passengers love asking me "whats that?" But yeah its on the list... damn need to update this thread with some new stuff

Hahaha let me know which ones you opt for in the end as im after some, also considering wheel spacers but not to bothered about that atm!

It looks like you are looking at my money pit list mate haha! Need my alloys to sit flush!!

Hahaha probably mate your a couple of steps ahead of me so will let you make the mistakes first ;)

Haha I'll research it on here, because I know it was brought up a few weeks ago. I think its a 15mm and 25mm spacer kit that's needed for our cars. But soon soon.

Ahh really yeah well post a few pics up and keep me updated mate wanna start coming to a few meeets once car is sorted!

Oh yeah. Will post a few pics and start updating this thread soon! Where bouts you at? And that you getting done to.the car at the moment?

Well on the list Jom coilovers, either 17 or 18 alloys of some sort either bbs or s3s, drop links wheels spacers top mounts speaker upgrades maybe straight through and any other little niggles. Im from east anglia mate what about you?

Descent list you got there, I'm in south east London so automatically I gotta attend Ace Cafe every month etc lol. The Seat Leon Cupra R mounts are a good upgrade I heard, will look into getting them on my car aswell soon.

Descent list you got there, I'm in south east London so automatically I gotta attend Ace Cafe every month etc lol. The Seat Leon Cupra R mounts are a good upgrade I heard, will look into getting them on my car aswell soon.

Will keep me busy mate haha, yeah you gotta get some pics up from tonight if you go, Yeah might look in to that later on.

Hey guys been away for a little while. Will update you on any progress I do in a little while. Right now time is not on my side :(

Drive safe