Newbie - Question about Remap

Gradimit

Reaction score
Hi all new to the forum. Iv just bought an A3 1.8t sport. I'm wanting to get it remapped next wee but my timing belt and water pump were replaced 40k ago and pretty much 5 years to the day. I no its due a belt but will it be alright if I remap it then get the belt done say next month? I no it would be easier smarter to get the belt done first but my local revo dealer said he would do me a good deal if I get it done before next weekend. Thanks in advance.

Hi, welcome to ASN. One of the guys will be along shortly to advise you on the remapping etc. Enjoy the forum.

Should be fine, 60,000 is the recommended interval and a month or 2 delay shouldnt make any odds, best to benefit from the good price deal on remap and get belt done next month. When you do get the belt done make sure you also change the water pump, the tensioner AND the damper. many forget the damper to their cost. Enjoy your new car and welcome to A-SN.

I changed mine just before my remap mainly due the fact I knew how much I would be driving it after a remap lol but I would defo recommend rtech for mapping as my car has been great with them and they do a mobile service !