Boost spike problem (previous post)

s3black

Reaction score
So if you have seen my previous post of my issue of torn TIP DV connection then you may be able to help me out.

I changed my TIP last night over to my new Forge TIP and made sure all connections are tight with no problems. Taken car out for a run and still i have this 3000rpm kick out problem. When i boost hard it makes a strange multie fireing noise like a sub machine gun going off. My engine management light flashes and then stays on constant.

Car runs fine for daily driving and only does this when i floor it. IN ANY GEAR!!!

I noticed that the 3rd cylinder coil had popped up a bit so pushed it down..... still same problem. Then i took the spark plug out and checked it and there is a bit of oil around the top of it. (NOT ON THE INTERIOR PISTON END) but in the coil connection end. None of the other coils have this on them so i popped it back in and made sure it is tight and still the same problem. Some times intermitant but very constant.

Has anyone seen this before?

Many thanks.

when the em light flashed its usaly a coilpack
get it scanned for codes

sounds like a coilpack as bez said have it scanned, I would pop to Audi and get a coilpack and swop it over with the one that pops up (for less than £30 its definitely worth a shot). One of mine used to pop up every now and then and after a while it started to missfire under load. Chances are that is your problem

just get genuine

bez101:1506076 said:
just get genuine

This.

Plugs can go instantly, I know many people who have been chasing a problem and changed a set of plugs in the melee. Then that doesn't fix the problem and they carry on fixing and replacing things...Only to find the problem has ruined the new set of plugs too and in their replacement of other things have rectified the problem, only for the new ruined plugs to give the same symptoms!

A wee update here. Changed plugs to iridium and made bracket for coilpack to be held down and still same problem. Last place to look was the dv and sure enough it was fecked! Its a forge awesome 007p. When i checked the movement of the piston it was so stiff and dificult to move which is why it was sticking oppen or closed. So i buffed up the walls of the inner piston on a buffing wheen until it was smooth and shiney and hey presto it sounds like it should be "AWESOME" loud and responsive and boost is full from low end to high end now.

One small think is that my previous spark plugs were a bit white which makes me think that its running a bit lean?!

Thanks for all your help once again.

remapped?
got vagcom?

log 031 under boost and post results...

Yes im sure its been remapped as yellow spring in dv and 1/4 mile crossing same as another lads s3 210bhp with stage one.
Not got vagcom... would audi be able to plug and play for me? would they charge? :asskicking:

Or does anyone in east scotland have vagcom?

Yes im sure its been remapped as yellow spring in dv and 1/4 mile crossing same as another lads s3 210bhp with stage one.
Not got vagcom... would audi be able to plug and play for me? would they charge? :asskicking:

Or does anyone in east scotland have vagcom?

forget audi... i doubt they would have a clue
vagcom.. see if you can find someone with it or get it yourself