S3 - 3 or 4 bar FPR from factory?

[ QUOTE ]
Right so how does changing 'fuel pressure' (is that right) affect the engine? More pressure = more burn = more power?

[/ QUOTE ]

Injectors open for a set period of time to inject a certain amount of fuel based at a known pressure.

If you up the rail pressure more fuel will be injected even with the injector open time remaining the same.

...more fuel doesn't always mean more power - need to have the oxygen available to burn it or it doesn't burn cleanly and you'll actually lose power.

A

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Tim do you have a pic of your fuel rail? cause I went to the site and I'm just curious how it comes? I mean is it just one metal piece?

[/ QUOTE ]

Defratos,

Here you go...

Fuel Rail

Adjustable FPR

FPR Adapter

And waiting to install...

High Flow Fuel Pump

The Fuel Rail is a single piece of billet Aluminium that is drilled out and tapped at either end to accept a FPR at one end and a blanking plug at the other, gives you the option of which way around to fit it depending on engine orientation. It also has a Fuel Guage Port in the Centre which you can see in the picture and the necessary anodised plug for that port if you're not going to use a Guage. I did so that I could see my fuel pressure, no point having an adjustable FPR otherwise is there!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hope this helps... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers

Tim

[ QUOTE ]
I always forget to ****** finish what I was sayin in the same post, sorry.
Monty, I wanted to ask you, since you've currently got a TTDA filter, where are you running both air feeds to?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not fitted yet, hope to get it fitted this weekend - will let you know then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

..plan is to feed one to original wing feed location and the other one under the battery somewhere/somehow. Going to be a pain though I rekcon.

Cheers,
Adam

yeah that sounds similar to what I was thinking. My TTDA is being shipped over and I was just curious exactly where the feeds go to. Ok you know where the original wing feed, now are you planning on shoving the tube through the air holer? or just placing it on the surface of the existing hole?

[ QUOTE ]
yeah that sounds similar to what I was thinking. My TTDA is being shipped over and I was just curious exactly where the feeds go to. Ok you know where the original wing feed, now are you planning on shoving the tube through the air holer? or just placing it on the surface of the existing hole?

[/ QUOTE ]

..needs to go through or it kind of defeats the point.

Something like my BMC is now I hope:
http://www.aqrx70.dsl.pipex.com/s3website/pics/bmccda.jpg

A

[ QUOTE ]
Ok so how far in do you push the tube? lol by the way let me know when I'm askin too much (I tend to do that in this forum) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

...far enough for it to not fall back out - it's an odd shaped hole so some cutting may be required.

Be brave, have a go, it'll all be clear once you have it apart in front of you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Adam

PS: If you want better access take the drivers side wheel off and remove the arch liner.

[ QUOTE ]
Sweet, thanks guys, you've really helped me understand the basics =) (as always) lol, and Tim love the stuff you've bought, just wonderin, would I need a FPR Adapter if I was to change the fuel rail and the Adjustable FPR?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi again,

The FPR Adapter shown there is for using a Standard-shaped FPR in THAT fuel rail... which mine is, it's simply an adjustable one. It's made by Eurospec. It's possible to use any FPR in that rail as long as it has the correct fittings for screwing it into the end of the fuel rail...

I think they all work pretty well together though, don't look too bad in shiny Aluminium either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers

Tim