2002 S3 Rear Springs

StrmsekS3

Reaction score
Hi guys found part of a spring on my drive on sunday and found lower part of drivers rear spring broke,
just looking for a quick step by step on replacing it as i plan to replace tomorow night

are the standard springs too small for compressors? and is there a chance of drive shaft popping out?
caliper off?

advice greatly appricated

cheers

Rear springs can be done without compressers... all you need to do is undo the damper so that the arm can swing... thing to watch out for is the passenger side (assuming yours is a right hand drive) when doing springs to make sure you undo the xenon levelling sensor from the tie bar before doing anything else otherwise you will snap the arm off...

<tuffty/>

which side are you doing mate? as the passenger side has a xenon level sensor on it so you will have to make sure you unclip it! easy job to change spring you only have to unbolt the bottom of the shock then push the suspension arm down then you will be able to remove the spring without any compressors

Cheers Lads, never changed with drive shafts so was a bit worried. i plan to change both but drivers side first will keep and eye out for my headlight levelling cheers, ive actually DIY repaird my leveler as spotted it broken when under the car one day.

wheres the best place to jack it off on rear? diff/haldex box?? ive a pit and pit jack btw

love this forum!!

strmseks3 I have a broken rear leveling arm at the moment.
How did you diy fix it?
Just glue of some type? Or did you strengthen it somehow.

i glued it mate, then added a small peice of flat bar to try and strengthen it, was gonna order a new one but reckon that woukd just break to! youd be surprised what arldite can hold ;)

I'm going to be getting some arldite on the way home tonight then :)