Exhaust Gasket Material, Which ones do you use

I have a standard gasket between the head and the manifold, its just the turbo to down pipe thats gone on mine or it could be just the nuts that have come loose?

I have a standard gasket between the head and the manifold, its just the turbo to down pipe thats gone on mine or it could be just the nuts that have come loose?

Not unknown... I have a v-band housing rather than a 4 bolt... you could use nord locks and go gasket less... I don't have a gasket between the mani and the turbo and v-bands everywhere else...

Those fibre gaskets aren't all that... a metal gasket is preferable... the TT Bill is fitting a GT3076r too is a 4 bolt for the DP but not sure what gasket he is using...

I was gasket less on the previous T25 internal gate housing too...

<tuffty/>

Surely thatl be a pain of a job on yours Andrew? Im dreading mine going, would be a right faff on replacing that!!

Gutted, mines just started blowing, knew i shouldnt have looked at this thread!!

You have the same manifold as me don't you.

I think mine is coming from the manifold to turbo? Will smoke the exhaust on the weekend to see if it is? If it is the compressor housing has to come off to get the turbo off

Yep same manifold. Only started making noise today!! The heatshielding around it is blackened by the soot. Ill not get to have a look til saturday now. Doh!!

Where can I get nord locks from? Also can they be used on exhausts as I have a blowing gasket I still haven't got around to sorting

Where can I get nord locks from? Also can they be used on exhausts as I have a blowing gasket I still haven't got around to sorting

Bill @ Badger5 keeps them in stock as he uses them on his builds etc but it won't fix a blowing gasket... you will need a new gasket for that ;P

Generally speaking they are used for the turbo to mani fixings as this sees the most heat cycling... I have used them on my exhaust manifold but that was purely because the last time I did some work on that area the studs had backed out but that was more due to me not checking the studs where fixed in properly when I rebuilt it (was was supposed to be a recon)

Not seen bolts further down on exhausts back out as yet... which ones are you thinking about

<tuffty/>

Chuffed, found my blowing problem. I cracked off my wastegate dump pipes and found this...

[video]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/mush_bucket/e400d05b.mp4[/video]

Wastegate dump pipe was loose at the manifold. Quick reach around ;) with a 13mm spanner from the cold side and its all tight now. Woop woop

It was the turbo the manifold that made them way loose

See it is off i'm making all metal water lines and a new oil return line as the CTS ones arn't that good