large port head part numbers?

slowcoach3

Reaction score
I have a recon head in my nearly working S3 and it doesn't have an engine code stamped into it.....I was wondering if anyone knows the part numbers for the AGU/AEB heads? I've had a good ol' search and can't find them anywhere, if anyone knows I'd appreciate it!
Russ

So you want to know what head you have on your engine as the bit on the head has been machined off? is that right?

<tuffty/>

Making a few assumptions... if you are looking for a large port head for your engine then searching eBay for AEB/AGU (also look for A4, Golf and Passat heads as well as VAG used them across the range) will net you the best results as thats how they are typically listed...

If you have a head but don't know the code as its been machined off then don't worry about it... its irrelevant... its either large port or small port... that is the easy bit...
20v1.8tintakeportsize.jpg

If you have the larger ports then happy days... if you have the smaller ones then keep looking :)

<tuffty/>

Thanks tuffty! I'm going to have a look for part numbers tomorrow whilst we're sorting the timing issues, I just wanted a heads up( !! ) on numbers so I can work out what head I've got, I figured I've a one in 10 chance of being lucky and already having a large port. If I don't its on my list but I want the usual b5 tip, dp etc first up til now theres been no point but things are looking up now so the possibilities are only held up by cash! I might harass tps for the numbers....saves taking off the inlet and measureing