Website
www.aldevelopments.com
Image0299.jpg

Image0301.jpg

Image0302.jpg

Image0305.jpg

Image0281.jpg

Pictures don't it any justice as its just a mobile phone camera

Just have to finish off the inlet ports then its off to the machine shop for new guides and seats recut

Thanks andrew pics look great I'll ring u Saturday mate

All good then so for looks it from what it was like to now mint mate thanks cannot wait to get it on now

Shame it does't look like that any more

Image0482_zps9dc42e8d.jpg

Image0483_zpsdf336dc0.jpg

The face of the head has been attacked with a carbide burr to see the damaged/weather it can be repaired and welded, its worse than the picture as the valve snapped off and rattled round the bore before making its home in the head face.

Thats just the start of the damage been done and only some of the valve that have been bent/snapped/damaged

Andrew thanks pal do u think ill need a new head then no point in wasting your time if u don't think it will repair mate

Andrew thanks pal do u think ill need a new head then no point in wasting your time if u don't think it will repair mate

It can be repaired

I've repaired heads MUCH worse that yours

I repaired a RS2000 16v maxi rally car head last year that has major det problem and had a mashed up compression chamber. With a little CNC work and my handy work its now up and running pumping out 255bhp N/A power

Oh ****! What happened?
pSean

Wrong length bolt fitted to the crank timing pulley, engine was cranked over, the bolt got jammed shocking the engine to a sudden stop making the timing belt jump bending/snapping loads of valves, damaged the combustion chamber, valve guides, pistons and gazz's pride

Thanks Andrew that's good then tar. Me been a tool pal has cost me lots of money never again tho beware guys somate so small and easy can do so much damage arghhhh

In Andrews hands, it's defo still beautiful! Damn I need to get an agu head now.

leave engine building to those who know what they are doing...

think you are saving yourself money "having a go" yourself........... Beware

It costs you far more in the end

i done good putting the engine back together lol to say never touched one in my life and no problems for months was just a stupid mistake lol also help s3dave with his too this my 3rd time now luv doing it my hobby ha

Wrong length bolt fitted to the crank timing pulley, engine was cranked over, the bolt got jammed shocking the engine to a sudden stop making the timing belt jump bending/snapping loads of valves, damaged the combustion chamber, valve guides, pistons and gazz's pride

So this happened on the first start? Did the crank/block also get damaged?

How does anyone learn anything with that attitude?

I guess you was born with all the knowledge and know how of engines, turbos and tuning?

Andrew i take it you mean the 4 bolts that hold the aux belt pulley to the crank spocket? if so oh **** the ones i got from TPS are longer than my standard ones, looks like im gonna be cutting them down lol

And the penny has dropped, the worlds a small place, did you get your Rings today dude?

surely once you have assembled the engine, you would notice something "catching" when you turn the engine over by hand.

Andrew i take it you mean the 4 bolts that hold the aux belt pulley to the crank spocket? if so oh **** the ones i got from TPS are longer than my standard ones, looks like im gonna be cutting them down lol
get them cut pal mine was only one and was about 3mm ish bigger and cost me alot of money ha don't make my mistake phil

surely once you have assembled the engine, you would notice something "catching" when you turn the engine over by hand.

what happened Scillies is engine been running fine for months after build but one of those nuts worked loose so got another nut not measuring deeer lol and just screwed it in turned her over and heard cracking did not fire. Then took nut out to find smashed crank housing and that cog thing for trimming missing all it teeth nearly oooops

phil yes pal top guy thanks so much pal

I now know why its smokes, Its was nothing to do with the oil seals, gazz said it was more white smoke with a hint of blue?

Well the head was warped so there was leakage between all cylinders, it needed a few passes to get the head flat and true.

I now know why its smokes, Its was nothing to do with the oil seals, gazz said it was more white smoke with a hint of blue?

Well the head was warped so there was leakage between all cylinders, it needed a few passes to get the head flat and true.

not skimmed previously or happened since gaz fitted it?

Happened since gazz fitted it, looks like it over heated at some point. Maybe during bleeding of the rad?

Every head i do gets a skim unless i'm told not to but alway advice to get it done.

I don't get it one car never over heated I'm not going to lie about it 2 never got dropped 3 temp never went above 90 somate else to it

Andrew I don't think it was skimmed before pal as remember when the head surface had marks on it and I asked u if it skimmed shunt mark all of gone got some pics if that helps. If my car over heated I'd ask for help guys bills knows this thanks pal

It was skimmed, Every time i had your head it was skimmed.

The marks in the head was corrosion and nothing to do with the firing ring, Yours was warped across the cylinders causing leaks between the cylinders. The machine doest lie and you can see it when been skimmed.

Last edited: