Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Cylinder Head Master

Status

FAO S3Gazz your AGU head

Pictures don't it any justice as its just a mobile phone camera

Just have to finish off the inlet ports then its off to the machine shop for new guides and seats recut
    Was 531bhp 8L S3 thats going to break the 600+ bhp Club then break something else. Lets see what this OD HTAGT3582r can do
    My S3 Twists Drive shafts for fun.

FOR SALE
    Sparco Torino 2 sport seats
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts
    , relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Oh my god that look sexual?!
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    I forgot also a light skim
    Was 531bhp 8L S3 thats going to break the 600+ bhp Club then break something else. Lets see what this OD HTAGT3582r can do

FOR SALE
    , relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Oh my god that look sexual?!
    Shame it's going to be wasted going into an S3 huh?

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    I'd be worried it's too big and will alter the velocity of the air.

Shiney though

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan Photography View Post
    I'd be worried it's too big and will alter the velocity of the air.

Shiney though
    The inlets have only been cleaned up and polished ( not ported ) there big enough

Exhaust side is a different story

FOR SALE

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks andrew pics look great I'll ring u Saturday mate

All good then so for looks it from what it was like to now mint mate thanks cannot wait to get it on now
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Shame it does't look like that any more

The face of the head has been attacked with a carbide burr to see the damaged/weather it can be repaired and welded, its worse than the picture as the valve snapped off and rattled round the bore before making its home in the head face.

Thats just the start of the damage been done and only some of the valve that have been bent/snapped/damaged

FOR SALE

5th Gear

Status
    Andrew thanks pal do u think ill need a new head then no point in wasting your time if u don't think it will repair mate
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Wow it's so beautiful..
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

5th Gear

Status
    Was beautiful gops ha

5th Gear

Status
    Oh ****! What happened?
    pSean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3gazz View Post
    Andrew thanks pal do u think ill need a new head then no point in wasting your time if u don't think it will repair mate
    It can be repaired

I've repaired heads MUCH worse that yours

I repaired a RS2000 16v maxi rally car head last year that has major det problem and had a mashed up compression chamber. With a little CNC work and my handy work its now up and running pumping out 255bhp N/A power

FOR SALE

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s33nyboy12 View Post
    Oh ****! What happened?
    pSean
    Wrong length bolt fitted to the crank timing pulley, engine was cranked over, the bolt got jammed shocking the engine to a sudden stop making the timing belt jump bending/snapping loads of valves, damaged the combustion chamber, valve guides, pistons and gazz's pride

FOR SALE

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks Andrew that's good then tar. Me been a tool pal has cost me lots of money never again tho beware guys somate so small and easy can do so much damage arghhhh

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    In Andrews hands, it's defo still beautiful! Damn I need to get an agu head now.
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

www.badger5.co.uk

Status
    leave engine building to those who know what they are doing...

think you are saving yourself money "having a go" yourself........... Beware

It costs you far more in the end
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post

i done good putting the engine back together lol to say never touched one in my life and no problems for months was just a stupid mistake lol also help s3dave with his too this my 3rd time now luv doing it my hobby ha

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    I'm sure he will learn from his mistakes

FOR SALE

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew@A.L.D View Post
    Wrong length bolt fitted to the crank timing pulley, engine was cranked over, the bolt got jammed shocking the engine to a sudden stop making the timing belt jump bending/snapping loads of valves, damaged the combustion chamber, valve guides, pistons and gazz's pride
    So this happened on the first start? Did the crank/block also get damaged?

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post

How does anyone learn anything with that attitude?

I guess you was born with all the knowledge and know how of engines, turbos and tuning?
    A4 B5 Double Din, RNS-d, TMC, Full Sports Leather Heated with Leather Door Cards and Lower Door trims all for sale.

Audrey's Build Thread
    RIP Audrey. She's being broken down.
    New Car, New Thread.
    Scott's Akoya Silver A8

4th Gear

Status
    Andrew i take it you mean the 4 bolts that hold the aux belt pulley to the crank spocket? if so oh **** the ones i got from TPS are longer than my standard ones, looks like im gonna be cutting them down lol
    ​Wish Rachel would let me have my TDI mk5 back

4th Gear

Status
    And the penny has dropped, the worlds a small place, did you get your Rings today dude?
    ​Wish Rachel would let me have my TDI mk5 back

5th Gear

Status
    surely once you have assembled the engine, you would notice something "catching" when you turn the engine over by hand.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Scullies View Post
    So this happened on the first start? Did the crank/block also get damaged?
    ye pal this happened just by turning her over once mad what damage it courses pal

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phil miller View Post
    Andrew i take it you mean the 4 bolts that hold the aux belt pulley to the crank spocket? if so oh **** the ones i got from TPS are longer than my standard ones, looks like im gonna be cutting them down lol
    get them cut pal mine was only one and was about 3mm ish bigger and cost me alot of money ha don't make my mistake phil

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Scullies View Post
    surely once you have assembled the engine, you would notice something "catching" when you turn the engine over by hand.
    what happened Scillies is engine been running fine for months after build but one of those nuts worked loose so got another nut not measuring deeer lol and just screwed it in turned her over and heard cracking did not fire. Then took nut out to find smashed crank housing and that cog thing for trimming missing all it teeth nearly oooops

phil yes pal top guy thanks so much pal

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    I now know why its smokes, Its was nothing to do with the oil seals, gazz said it was more white smoke with a hint of blue?

Well the head was warped so there was leakage between all cylinders, it needed a few passes to get the head flat and true.

FOR SALE

www.badger5.co.uk

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew@A.L.D View Post
    I now know why its smokes, Its was nothing to do with the oil seals, gazz said it was more white smoke with a hint of blue?

Well the head was warped so there was leakage between all cylinders, it needed a few passes to get the head flat and true.
    not skimmed previously or happened since gaz fitted it?
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Happened since gazz fitted it, looks like it over heated at some point. Maybe during bleeding of the rad?

Every head i do gets a skim unless i'm told not to but alway advice to get it done.

FOR SALE

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    My confidence in building my engine is diminishing by the day

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    I'm sure you will be fine Karl, Gazz has made lots of mistakes with his build.

FOR SALE

5th Gear

Status
    I don't get it one car never over heated I'm not going to lie about it 2 never got dropped 3 temp never went above 90 somate else to it

5th Gear

Status
    Andrew I don't think it was skimmed before pal as remember when the head surface had marks on it and I asked u if it skimmed shunt mark all of gone got some pics if that helps. If my car over heated I'd ask for help guys bills knows this thanks pal

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    It was skimmed, Every time i had your head it was skimmed.

The marks in the head was corrosion and nothing to do with the firing ring, Yours was warped across the cylinders causing leaks between the cylinders. The machine doest lie and you can see it when been skimmed.
    Last edited by Andrew@A.L.D; 27th April 2013 at 15:42.

FOR SALE

5th Gear

Status
    Collected thanks for the time and effort Andrew pal