OSRAM bulbs, please help

The Slug

Reaction score
Brought some osram silver star bulbs from powerbulbs and got free blue vision side light bulbs too, is it easy to get the bulbs out and changed. gonna give it a go today, any advice welcome, cheers

Fitted the exact same set-up to my '05 A3 sportback.
The main bulbs were easy,as was the driver's side sidelight.
The passenger side sidelight was a complete pain and took absolutely ages.
Obviously you car is different but,all the same,good luck !

HA HA!! have them fitted now, cool, pretty easy too, only trouble is broke a peg clip thing, well it was already broke cause it felt loose and when i took it off carefully the thing just fell off, lol!!

Car is still under waranty u think dealer will play ball and get me a new one

I just got myself some of them silver star bulbs with the free side lights aswell from powerbulbs.

Hoping to get them fitted over the weekend and looking forward to having crisp bright lights instead of the standard yellowish colour.

How long did it take to install them, and whats this damaged clip thing? I want to keep mine in tact if possible.

Be interesting to see what you think of them.
I've noticed an improvement on dip,with roadsigns being lit up farther up the road.
I actually think full beam is worse though.
God knows if the blue sidelights look good or not.
I've never seen my own car approach me to find out.

Time taken 10mins

Bit that broken was the plastic clip that u have to press to release the cover, has just got the one now, but its sealed very well, im supprised!!

Gonna try and claim for one from the dealer!! My 10yr old PUG306 didnt brake so why should a 2yr old car brake!

blue side bulbs should look nice and suttle, not that they actually do much, but hey for free i aint gonna grumble, lol.

Passenger side is a bit more tricky, remove the battery cover first, just a little tight for space but was fine!!

Have fun fitting!!

Had the bulb sidelight bulbs fitted for some time now, and visually they do not look any different from the standard.

OK for spares, no good for show.

now ive tried and tested them, lol, have too agree bampy blue side lights dont really look blue, but i would say they are brighter with only a slim tint of blue, and the silverstars are better than standards, god its good to see where im going now!!

i upgraded my dipped beam bulbs with some ring ones and also my sidelight bulbs with some others and they look much better, make the old ones look yellow, plus i can see much better at night with the new dip beam bulbs and sought of looks xenonish now..