HIDs

lnewland

Reaction score
Guys sorry if this is a repeat but pls advise me on my 1.8t agu can i fit HIDS in the standards headlights or will it fail an mot

Yeah it will fail, you need projector headlights to control the beam pattern

awesome question I was just about to ask this :) so thanks
O also recommend any good projectors?
thanks
Neal

Can anyone suggest a replacement set of head lights I can fit so I can run hids. Also I have heard you have to have head light washers

You heard correct. You would also need an auto levelling system as well to be legal.

I have a mk4 golf. But I'm sure they sell them for a3 8l aswell. They were "r32 projector style" have a look mate:)

I think the facelift 8l and s3 has projectots from standard,see if you can get hold of that

mine is the 2 piece lights tho and im not very spanner skilled or patient haha, could take it to a body shop to do I guess

Don't you dare take it to someone else to do! It's really is **** easy.take the front bumper off, 4 screws to take out the headlight,2 on top and w below, then behind is a loom which goes into the ba k of the headlight. It's got a little tap you need to pull out which releases the power to the bulbs. Once youve done it you'll see how easy it is. If you get stuck,give me a shout

Only fit HID lamps into units with projector lenses. Contrary to popular belief their fitment is NOT an MOT fail. They botched the wording in the new manual meaning as long as the beam pattern and alignment is ok they have to be passed with or without headlamp washers and self leveling.

You need to be aware however that although they should pass the MOT that doesn't make them legal for use on the road so buy and use carefully and ensure you set them up properly