Heating problem

jay1232

Reaction score
Hi guys im in need of some help dont know what to do next (A3 1.8T 2001)
right when i 1st start car after a few seconds my fans (both) kick in from cold then when i get car upto temp 90 which the temp sits at when warmed up i start the blower and the warm air turns cold quickly and stays cold this morning i chaged the thermostat and o ring brought car back up to temp same problem fans kick in instant then when warmed up the blower runs cold all pipes under bonnet are hot and now im lost could someone point me in the right direction please
many thanks for your time
jay :D

by way allready been on a vag and nothing came up about sensors for heating just my post cat lamber sensor which i know about

You ant got the air con on have you pal? Might sound silly but easy mistake to miss as it sometimes comes on automatically to de mist.

Reactions: jay1232
hi Keiran i thought air-con came on when u drop temp to low i got it on hi at all times ive even gone through the deg's right up to hi.... unless they a setting for aircon i dont know about i normally have it on front wondow demist but its on high ?

Yer there is a sepperate button for the aircon mate, should be on the bottom left with a snowflake symbol on. Press this until the snowflake on the screen where it says the hi or the temp goes off and that should be the aircon off. Hopefully this should help. If not mayb another fault. Hopefully this should help an it won't cost any money :)

even with the aircon on if you set to high you should get heat
are both the pipes to the heater matrix hot ?
you may have got a blocked matrix

yea Bez101 both pipes are hot everything seems normal sitting at 90 like normal[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

mine cant have aircon then i dont think as i dpnt have a snowflake button of to recheck but im sure i aint seen one :)