Any one fitted Aero rear wipers before?

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Hey guys, anyone fitted Aero rear wipers before? it looks better than the original, but I thought I'd be able to place it on the right hand side, rather than on the left (as it is now), any ideas:

Standard:
Oldwiper.jpg

Aero:
Aero.jpg

What I want but can't get /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif because the whole thing rotates clockwise. Any ideas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Opposite.jpg

I'm sure it's possible, use to do this on my mk2 Golf to get the rear wiper to lay flat lol. Need to get to the wiper motor and rotated the spindle on the motor 180 degrees for it to sweep the other way, if it's possible that is.

Unfortunately it is not like the mk.ii where the wire was on a linkage, which could be re-positioned. The wiper attaches straight onto the motor spindle, so problably there is nothing you can do.

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately it is not like the mk.ii where the wire was on a linkage, which could be re-positioned. The wiper attaches straight onto the motor spindle, so problably there is nothing you can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most wipers contain a gearbox which will allow the position to be changed - however, I think there was another thread on here somewhere saying that MKIV/V (I can't remember which) rear motors are the same but they sweep the other way.

Why would you want it to anyway? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

asthetics aside, how well does it work? I need to change my rear one and wanted the aero version. IIIRC you need to cut a bit for the washer?

I did this mod a while ago to the front and rear following 'Drill's' recommendations.

IIRC the rear consisted of a blade from a Polo, an arm from a Touran and a new centre cap.

I'll see if I can find the receipts to post the part numbers (unless Drill sees this first).

But no..... you don't have to cut anything (hence the new centre cap).

Yeah please post what you need for this. I have just ordered a touran rear arm thinking it would fit straight on! Have I done the wrong thing?

[ QUOTE ]
OK, found links to the discussion @ TSN,

Here

and Here

Didn't see part numbers, but I hope that little bit helps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Drill.

Perhaps i'll just get the polo arm and the touran blade just to be on the safe side! Anything else I need to order or does this cover it all?

Thanks
Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
The wiper seems to work well, better and sounds quieter than the standard (maybe the silicone blade). anyhow, I though the pics above don't do it justice, so here's a better one:

Clear.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Which wiper arm and blade is that matey? Looks good to me!

Here is some guides to fitting the aero wipers which i sent to Andy, hope this helps anyone else that wants these blades :

These wipers are fantastic, if u order from vagparts have the courier delivery as its not much more and less likely to get damaged, u know what the ****** post is like these days, lol.

fitting is easy, heres what u do step by step:

Fronts,

Lift bonnet, remove black caps that cover the nuts, use spanner and slaken do not fully remove, do this for the two nuts, drop bonnet down (do not fully close it) then put ignition on put wiper on and when they reach vertical point stop them by turning ignition off.

Once wipers are in upright position, pull the wipers back (ie like ya gonna wash ya car, lol) then gently riggle the wiper from off the nut, reapeat same for other front wiper.

Mine came off a bit easy or easier for the fact that its a 2003 model so the wipers arent rusted/bonded to the bolt, if u know what i mean, word off warning tho, just be careful when wiggle the wiper arm off because u end up very close to the windscreen, so just be careful.

U still with me, lol.

Next up, wipers are now off, put ignition back on make sure the wiper position is back to normal,
keep your eye on the motor bit so's u know u have it in the right place.
Get the Aero wiper arms with blades already fixed to them, check that the blades are on the correct arms, think mine were bigger blade on the drivers side etc..

Riggle new arms onto bolts and get the angle lined up to where the old blades used to sit, put nuts on (use original ones u took off) u will need to lift bonnet once wipers are in place to tighten up nuts with ya spanner, don't over tighten just nip it then nip it again should be fine.

Then check to make sure wipers and washers work as normal.

Rear,
Pull off cap that cover the washer jet thingy, remove nut (in the aero kit u get a black nut, use this new nut instead off the original) same thing riggle off arm, dont have to centre arm or anything, once removed, position new arm/blade in the same position as old one nice and level, then put new black nut on and clip the jet cover over , JD job done, check the blade and washers work fine!!

Hope this helps matey!! If u need pics, i will takes some for u.

Cheers

Rich

[image]http://www.audi-sport.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=227&sort=1&cat=500&page=1[/image]

I think this looks better

SimonS3MTM

tag is img not image.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I've got no Idea mate, it's just the rear Aero wiper from VAGparts, that's all I know, same as a 2002 VW polo, but not sure about the arm and blade, sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's the same as the Polo, then chances are it's the Polo blade (with the Polo arm of course) You should also have gotten the cap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sorry peeps, couldn't find my receipts, but if Drill says that he went with the Polo ARM with the Touran BLADE, then that's what I went with - and it works rather well - cheers Drill.

Defratos – if you're still interested in changing the parking position, in THEORY swapping the polarity of a motor will change the rotation direction. However, without knowing the construction of the motor-gearbox, you would need to proceed with EXTREME CAUTION (sorry, did I sound like a lawyer!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif) but as OutLore said, why would you want to?

The good ol' Golf eh......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a different cap to the one I've got on the pic? if so how does it look?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah dude, pic looks good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I just remember someone asked if the arm and blade were enough (or something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif)

And yes, I'm using the POLO arm with the TOURAN blade. As you see in the pic below, the Touran blade is longer than the Polo blade, and covers the rear glass better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Polo vs Touran blade comparison (You can see how short the Polo blade really is)

Rear_Wiper_length.jpg

And here's the Touran blade parked vertically.

158070-DSCF0038.JPG

cheers for the advice Porka I think I'll hold on to the idea for a bit longer. I'd like to change it over just for the curves, I think the curve on the base of the arm looks better pointing right rather than left. As for the Touran blade it does look longer. would be a nice change once this one needs replacing. Where do u get it from?

[ QUOTE ]
hey guys, where do you get the AUDI-sport.net logo sticker from? I want one

[/ QUOTE ]

It appears that "The Slug" does them now (Himself) and Hookie / Wando / John still has some of the originals such as mine as well.

Check it out HERE