Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    RyanGolfGTTDi's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    488

    N249 Bypass.. Isit for me?

    Hello all.

    Been looking at doing the N249 Bypass purely as a way of removing the pain in the ass box ontop of my spark plugs which makes changing them time consuming.

    Ive read about the Pros and Cons, and it seems a sensible upgrade.

    Does anyone know if the MTM tune would be affected by this being removed? - I dont know what PSI my turbo is running until i get myself down to Rtech in a week or two.
    Audi S3 MTM
    345 BHP, K26 Turbo - MTM Manifold, Downpipe and Milltek Cat Back
    Polished Inlet - Facelift Front & Rear - Black Badges, Welly FMIC, N249 Bypass,

    To Come - Anthracite Rs4s

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    FOR SALE:
    Audi S3 Genuine Chrome Mirror Caps. PM Me for Details




  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Welly's Avatar
    Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,680
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanS3MTM View Post
    Hello all.

    Been looking at doing the N249 Bypass purely as a way of removing the pain in the ass box ontop of my spark plugs which makes changing them time consuming.

    Ive read about the Pros and Cons, and it seems a sensible upgrade.

    Does anyone know if the MTM tune would be affected by this being removed? - I dont know what PSI my turbo is running until i get myself down to Rtech in a week or two.
    MTM tune is no different really to any other tune if we're being honest, ancillary parts still do the same job. I can't see that it would cause you any problems at all
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world




  4. #3
    RyanGolfGTTDi's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    488
    Thats good news, Im fitting your Welly Cooler next weekend and doing this mod too.

    Am I right in thinking i jsut need 4mm Vac Hose and a tpiece?.. Is 500mm of vac hose enough?

    Thanks Ryan
    Audi S3 MTM
    345 BHP, K26 Turbo - MTM Manifold, Downpipe and Milltek Cat Back
    Polished Inlet - Facelift Front & Rear - Black Badges, Welly FMIC, N249 Bypass,

    To Come - Anthracite Rs4s

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    FOR SALE:
    Audi S3 Genuine Chrome Mirror Caps. PM Me for Details




  5. #4
    Welly's Avatar
    Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,680
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanS3MTM View Post
    Thats good news, Im fitting your Welly Cooler next weekend and doing this mod too.

    Am I right in thinking i jsut need 4mm Vac Hose and a tpiece?.. Is 500mm of vac hose enough?

    Thanks Ryan
    I used 4MM yes, also, get more than you need would be my advice dude - well worth hanging onto any extra....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world




 

 

Similar Threads

  1. N249 Bypass on a BAM
    By S3featesV9 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 6th February 2012, 23:17
  2. N249 BYPASS YES OR NO???
    By paulsaudi in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 28th June 2011, 14:21
  3. N249 Bypass???
    By nixy in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27th May 2011, 11:55
  4. n249 bypass
    By dplovin in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16th May 2011, 11:28
  5. N249 bypass
    By cawsey20 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27th May 2010, 22:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO