Revo remap for AUDI S3 how much?

I

imported_ashs3

Just wanted to know from those of you that have had the Revo remap treatment on your S3, how much it cost you and where you had it done?

Been quoted £499 + VAT at Westec Performance for the remap? so £586 ish

if you fancie a long drive i am doing a group buy at amd for their remap.

check the GB froum for all prices but standard remap on the rolling road is £470 inc vat

[ QUOTE ]
if you fancie a long drive i am doing a group buy at amd for their remap.

check the GB froum for all prices but standard remap on the rolling road is £470 inc vat

[/ QUOTE ]

Would have been first to PM you mate, if I was not expecting my first little girl in September /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
(cash is a bit tight at the mo)

Hence why I am looking at Revo around X-mas, may consider OneClick as well as I am after a remap that can be set to default with an SPS or OneClick unit?

Does the price for the OneClick RR remap include the OneClick unit?

no not the one click again, how many more cars will it ruin,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

eh?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

it broke my golf and it took 6 months to get a refund from AMD

Almost 100% that I will get a Revo anyway as I cannot be ***** messing about driving back and forth to Oxford if anything goes wrong, local revo dealer is just down the road /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

yes and mine pj52gly [ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

it broke my golf and it took 6 months to get a refund from AMD

[/ QUOTE ]

i had the one click installed on my golf 130 pd, when trying to switch it back to normal using the instructions supplied it went wrong, despite following to instructions over the phone from amd it wouldnt work and the car shut down and refused to start, AMD did a runner and told me to take it to VW and sort it out myself, which i did i managed to convince vw to replace the ecu under warrenty as i claimed the car had been struck by lightning,
several soliciter leters, numurous emails. broken promises i wasnt getting anywhere. Eventually it took a good friend from UK-mkivs to show AMD how bad a name they were getting on uk-mkivs from not solving it, After 6 months i finnally got a refund and returned the one click, i heard no more, no follow up, no letter of apology. nothing, hence why i took the S3 to jbs who worked wonders with her, anymore info just pm me. cheers

Glad I posted this if the OneCick is really this bad?

Like said is anyone on here from AMD? if so so comments would be nice?

i would welcome some comments from AMD about this as i didnt recieve any more info, i was nt the only one from uk-mkivs wo had this, but this was a year ago so i presume that they solved the problem

Cheers for that ianhg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif, it just shows you huh!

I've just read a thread on the TT forum about a guy with a dodgy 1-click who cant get the uprated map to re-load and the reply's on the tread all suggest that the 1-click is very tempremental to voltage drops and wont load unload if say the radio is on or the a/c. I was seriously thinking about the 1-click in the group buy but think i'll stay well clear now especially as AmD won't even comment on it - nice customer service!

to be fair to AMD nervus... i doubt they have time to trawl the audi forums looking for cases where they can defend their corner!!

i will pass this link to ed at amd who i am dealing with and ask him to comment though on this occasion.

i am very happy with the revo setup on the s3.
i had both the amd map and a revo map on the 130pd golf. the one click had too much torque imo. but amd are very good at modding cars, just wish there customer service was better organized. im not saying dont get a one click. because it would be wrong of me to give amd a bad name, i am just posting my experiences about the product.

TBH i have thought about chipping the S3 for some time but i cant find a chip that ticks all the boxes. The 1-click sounds great but after thoroughly searching forums for advice i have heard too many bad reports of how the 1-click loads/unloads, though im sure there are many satisfied owners.

Running the car warm, then cold, Removing fuses, turning radios off adjusting internal cabin temperatures, boiling a crows foot and adding it to your water bottle etc etc is not my idea of a stable easy to use map switch.

imo i am happy with the switchable map such as revo or jabba, the code is on the ecu so no lenghty loading or uploading. just a switch, i even took my old golf to the dealer when it was chipped and they didnt even care.

Right just spoke to Ed at AMD

its company policy for them not to answer on forums although they will happily answer any questions over the phone

the incident in question (ianhg's golf) ..... the facts

the initial complaint was ignored by a member of amd staff who no longer works for the company. it took some time before the complaint was dealt with by ed.
Unfortunately amd never got the oneclick device back to test so the cause of the problem was never established.
The precautions about turning radio and aircon off are purely precautions from the manufacturer of the one click box.
The one click box is used by a few other tuning companies with huge success... unfortunately its the odd instances where things go wrong that make it onto forums such as this

If anyone has a query or wants to know more about the oneclick process feel free to contact either ed or adam (adam knows more of the technical stuff to do with the oneclick) on 01869 323205

on a personal note..... Ed has been more than helpful during my dealings with him and i would feel confident in returning to AMD if i get any problems.

Cheers Nathan, On a side note:
with regard to the GB would i be able to buy the generic 1-click and just have it mailed out instead of treking to AmD or do they need the car there?

with the one click they can just send it to you...

if you wanted the custom map on the one click obviously you need to go there.

hope that helps

Top stuff Nathan, cheers for clearing this up with AMD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

Think I will still go for the Revo though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

but revo just bung a generic map on there that was designed for an s3...not YOUR s3... granted thats also what the one click does but atleast with amd you have the option to put a custom map on there for YOUR car

thats what im doing... just my personal opinon

i have heard many horor stories about revo aswell but when i weigh everything up i chose amd

my 2p /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Right just spoke to Ed at AMD

its company policy for them not to answer on forums although they will happily answer any questions over the phone

the incident in question (ianhg's golf) ..... the facts

the initial complaint was ignored by a member of amd staff who no longer works for the company. it took some time before the complaint was dealt with by ed.
Unfortunately amd never got the oneclick device back to test so the cause of the problem was never established.
The precautions about turning radio and aircon off are purely precautions from the manufacturer of the one click box.
The one click box is used by a few other tuning companies with huge success... unfortunately its the odd instances where things go wrong that make it onto forums such as this

If anyone has a query or wants to know more about the oneclick process feel free to contact either ed or adam (adam knows more of the technical stuff to do with the oneclick) on 01869 323205

on a personal note..... Ed has been more than helpful during my dealings with him and i would feel confident in returning to AMD if i get any problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

cool thanks for finding out the info, the one click was sent to AMD as instructed by ed but it is proberbly in the same bin that the former employee put my letters of complaint, hope ed isnt mad at me for posting what happened. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif