How rare are Misano Red S3's?

Nick101

Boost fiend
Reaction score
Hi guys, not been on for a while after selling the A3.

I am thinking of coming back to the flock and I have always fancied an S3 as they are a really nice all rounder and pretty good value these days.

I fancy a Misano red one, I have only ever seen one for sale which was about 2 years ago, so they pretty rare I take it.

Anyone know how many are about?

as far as I know missano red wasn't ever a factory colour. the red S3's are Absolute red I believe. People often get them confused though, so please forgive me if you already know about Absolute red and actually want an ultra rare missano one!

Just done a check on insurance data base on that car, not currently insured, might be dead :(

Ive defo seen a couple of Misano Red S3's but they do appear to be very rare, there are many more Absolute Red S3's around and thats nowhere near as nice a colour much more of an Orange than a red. I believe Misano Red was only available on cars from mid 2001 as a cost option

Last edited:
S3Steve is right, misano was only an option for the later cars. (i think it was late 2001-)

Misano is a stunning colour if looked after and suits the s3 perfectly!

Looks like I'd have a pretty hard job finding one info was looking to buy then! In after a pretty rare spec too to be honest (Half, heated leathers, no sunroof, preferably pre facelift with less than 80k and full history) so I think colour preference if going to have to take a back seat. Always wanted a noggy blue, but have been fancying a red one recently!