Full beam idiots!

marctwo

Reaction score
The girlfiriend was driving us down the M1 on Sunday night and there was an idiot behind us with his full beams on. Wasn't sure how to deal with this other than overtake the person in front and let them deal with it. She suggested (in her infinite wisdom) that I should ask the friendly people over at audi-sport.net /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So, friendly audi-sport people, what would you do in this situation?

could always get the anti dazzler rear view mirror /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ..

rear fog... or slow down.. let them over take and give them a flash of all 6!!!! xenon / full beam and fogs go some way to causing serious retena burn! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That was probably me.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Oil slick or smoke screen? Like in Wacky Races. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't seem to find this one on VAG parts. Is it an OEM item? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just lob an unopened can of coke or similar so that it comes down on their windscreen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Get one of those scrolling message display things, and pre-program it with other usefull phrases such as......

"Get out the middle lane Knobhead"
"get your pony 316 away from the rear of my car"
"Foggy is it???.. No, Turn them off ****!"
"Truck drivers have small willys....This makes them angry"

adjust your rear view mirror so that his full beams reflect straight back into his idiot face.

After seeing "You Only Live Twice" several times, I think a Chinook with a powerful electro-magnet would do the trick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Get one of those scrolling message display things, and pre-program it with other usefull phrases such as......

"Get out the middle lane Knobhead"
"get your pony 316 away from the rear of my car"
"Foggy is it???.. No, Turn them off ****!"
"Truck drivers have small willys....This makes them angry"

[/ QUOTE ]

When i was a kid i always wanted this to play with in the back of my dads car.

On a slightly related note - when i was 8 i remember trying to shout at this guy for niles on a country road going up north. Probably some local road but back then if was like a 4 day journey. Anway i kept mouthing that he was an idiot and pulling faces etc because he was driving around with his lights on and it was day time. (my parents are per usual were just happy i wasn't bothering them so ignored me) i was writing notes and sticking them in the window etc...Precursor to scrolling led idea suggested above. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
It was only a few years later that i realised that calling the guy a moron etc for driving a volvo (because his lights on) probably wasn't fair /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The girlfiriend was driving us down the M1 on Sunday night and there was an idiot behind us with his full beams on. Wasn't sure how to deal with this other than overtake the person in front and let them deal with it. She suggested (in her infinite wisdom) that I should ask the friendly people over at audi-sport.net /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So, friendly audi-sport people, what would you do in this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Better than the idiots today driving around in dull, really rainy, spray everyewhere conditions either with no lights on at all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif or totally useless side lights. What is it with people that think. ooh I have my side lights on so everyone can see me. They're useless other than as a parking light.

i find that it pi**es em off more if you slow down to a snails pace, and when they attempt to undertake just indicate to pull over!

for some reason or another it infuriates BMW drivers? never worked out why?

had one guy pull off the hard shoulder, straight infront of me (driving along at about 70) of course i braked hard and then the bit*h behind started to give me a tootle of her megane horn and contined to flash her main beam at me for about 2 miles on the A1? nothing stopping her overtaking me if i had inconvenienced her? What the **** was that all abuot?

The bloke who pulled out on me, went passed him a further 10 or so miles later burning a nice thick black smoke signal. Ha Ha , made me smile. *****! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Press the EMP button on your dash, destroys all electrical devices and lights within a 100' radiius of your motor, works every time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

switch on rear fogs, works 70% of the time, or pull over let them past, put on full beam and floor it....

[ QUOTE ]
rear fog... or slow down.. let them over take and give them a flash of all 6!!!! xenon / full beam and fogs go some way to causing serious retena burn! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

took the words right ouuta my mouth! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif