Audi repairs.........HOW MUCH???????

MrTackalakalaka

Reaction score
So i took my car into Audi last week and they finally sorted out my faulty fuel gauge!
It took 2 new fuel senders (first one was faulty)
Cluster display re-build (not with audi)
and fuel tank unit replaced (float etc etc)

Audi then gave me the receipt.....was expecting to pay ALOT which was fine as i know Audi prices are discusting!

BUT!!!!!

they gave me an advisory slip.......with sporadic faults stored in the memory

1 was for a new coolant temp sensor and they quoted £150.67 inc VAT.........which didnt bother me as ive done plenty of those before myself.

and the other.....wait for it

Engine & Camshaft position sensor........£795.41

When i first saw it i was thinking, what in the ****** hell?
Is this what i would be expecting to pay at most garages for a position sensor? or is it just Audi's prices?

Well An oe part is between £70-£100 each. And it's a 20 min job to fit each one. ! They must have made a mistake....

yeah? too far for me. I always take mine to AVS at Barcoose Ind. Estate in Redruth

My experience with Truro Audi was ok until i they advised me to take it in for a wheel noise on the inside rear tyre. So they wanted to check the wheel bearing. At the time i was clueless about cars and agreed. So i took it in and they invited me to sit down for a cup of coffe in their showroom, so i did but i didnt sit down i stood by the window and kept a beady eye on my car.

15 mintues later somebody got in my car and drove it into the bay out of view. I stood my ground and waited for it to come out. It came out 5 mins later and then was driven down to the far end of the car park where they wash the cars where it sat there for a further 10 mins with no one paying any attention to it.

Then it occured to me that usually when they do a diagnostics they charge £70 for the hour and i could see that my car was going to sit in the wash bay until they could charge the £70 for an hours diagnostics.

So i trundled down to the wash bay and asked if he was just going to wash it which he replied yes, pointed out that it wasnt needed because it was clear that it been washed the previous day and then i returned to the service department to collect my keys.

I sat down told that the noise was probably due to a mishaped tyre and was asked to kindly pay ~£35 and then when i queried the price I was told that the 70 odd quid wasnt charged as it had only been with them half an hour.

So i told him that the car was actually only in the garage 5 mins had had been sat in the wash bay for the past 10 mins so he then went out to check with the garage and this was confirmed.

In the end i wasnt charged for it but the point being if i had gone into the showroom had a cup of coffe and read the magazines for an hour i would have ended up paying over £70 for 5 mins worth of wobling the wheel and a complimentry car wash

That would have annoyed me so much!!

Well im getting my money back.......booked in for a test drive in an RS3.......cant afford one but itll make my day!! haha

do you have to show some sort of intent to buy an RS3 to book a test drive? might go have a nosey through the window

yeah? too far for me. I always take mine to AVS at Barcoose Ind. Estate in Redruth

My experience with Truro Audi was ok until i they advised me to take it in for a wheel noise on the inside rear tyre. So they wanted to check the wheel bearing. At the time i was clueless about cars and agreed. So i took it in and they invited me to sit down for a cup of coffe in their showroom, so i did but i didnt sit down i stood by the window and kept a beady eye on my car.

15 mintues later somebody got in my car and drove it into the bay out of view. I stood my ground and waited for it to come out. It came out 5 mins later and then was driven down to the far end of the car park where they wash the cars where it sat there for a further 10 mins with no one paying any attention to it.

Then it occured to me that usually when they do a diagnostics they charge £70 for the hour and i could see that my car was going to sit in the wash bay until they could charge the £70 for an hours diagnostics.

So i trundled down to the wash bay and asked if he was just going to wash it which he replied yes, pointed out that it wasnt needed because it was clear that it been washed the previous day and then i returned to the service department to collect my keys.

I sat down told that the noise was probably due to a mishaped tyre and was asked to kindly pay ~£35 and then when i queried the price I was told that the 70 odd quid wasnt charged as it had only been with them half an hour.

So i told him that the car was actually only in the garage 5 mins had had been sat in the wash bay for the past 10 mins so he then went out to check with the garage and this was confirmed.

In the end i wasnt charged for it but the point being if i had gone into the showroom had a cup of coffe and read the magazines for an hour i would have ended up paying over £70 for 5 mins worth of wobling the wheel and a complimentry car wash

That's bad! I asked them to do my coilpacks and they were gonna charge me £143 hr plus parts!? I understand that they would charge abit because they're Audi but there's a limit to the amount they should charge because £143hr isn't reasonable! But in your case, the car just sitting there is stupid! The most helpful people at Audi are the parts people. They should be the ones teaching the salesmen/women as they know what RS bluddy stands for!! I enquirer about an rs4 once for jokes and they couldnt tell me what it stood for.. How bad was that!

do you have to show some sort of intent to buy an RS3 to book a test drive? might go have a nosey through the window

I asked if they had any in but they had just sold their only one. Then asked are they getting any more in?

They took my details down so when they had one in they could let me know and book me in. I didnt think for a second they would get in contact, but yesterday afternoon they called me saying they will have one in the next few weeks!!! result!!

They have an RS5 down there at the moment, it is such a nice look car!!

i got a text from them this morning saying i can have an AUdi A1 for £200 per month with £750 deposit contribution and 5 years servicing - naaa!

Same deal on an RS3?? maybe... lol

Where did you get your cluster rebuild from and was it quick/ costly?

Thanks
Stupid audi just go to a scrap yard and get one nice and cheap :D

Where did you get your cluster rebuild from and was it quick/ costly?

Thanks
Stupid audi just go to a scrap yard and get one nice and cheap :D

I sent mine off to BBA-Reman........it included, total rebuild and new LCD screen with lifetime warranty.

It cost me £185...........They do lots of different repairs/rebuilds, depends what you want done.

I just typed Audi A3 cluster display into ebay and loads of repairs came up