Washer Bottle Split :(

wibble111

needs to scratch the itch
Reaction score
Morning all, well my screen wash bottle has decided to split spewing screen wash all ovver the place, question i have is does anyone know how to remove it, is it a bumper off job or can it be removed by unbolting the charcoal canister and getting it out that way?
Also does anyone have a part number for one?

Cheers, Dave.

Also mate make sure the bottle has split if u can see it, it may just have a broken seal on it

Cheers for the link but im not sure if the A3 bottle is the same as the S3 as i have headlight washers

I called Audi in the last couple of weeks as I need a replacement one also.

They gave me the choice of a 3 or 5 litre version though? So I'm waiting until it's getting repaired to actually find out which one I have in it! lol

Ive rang audi today and got the part number, apparantly if you have headlight washers you need the 5l but if not then the 3l version, just under £37 for the 5l one for me, just need to figure out how to change it without removing the bumper and headlight.

Hi, thought I'd add to this washer bottle theme as in the last couple of weeks after car has been sat for awhile in the cold the washer warning light came on & appeared empty. Filled with 4 pints of warm water with sceenwash & ok for a day, then same thing. Another 4 pints cured it for 2 days now warning light back on. I wonder if it has a frozen block inside thats taking the room as I can't see any running out on floor once I've topped up. Are they known to develop cracks that could be releasing the water over couple days??

Cheers Steve

To be honest ive not heard of them splitting before, mine split as i was daft enough to top it up without screen wash when going out in a hurry one night and i think it just froze, expanded and split it, but i have heard of the pipes from the washers leaking but the only way to tell IIRC is to whip the bumper off, not a big job but a ball ache.