where is the temp sensor located!!!

dplovin

Reaction score
temps not been reaching 90 for a week or so now it barely lisfts off 60 so got a new temp sensor today, green one just not sure where it is

straight forward out with the old and in with the new am guessing or is there anything else which needs doing aswell??

help much appreciated ;)

Its almost certainly not the sensor at fault, it will be the thermostat.

Sensor is located on the left hand side of the cylinder head, above the gearbox.

on the right as you look at it from the front plugged into one of the coolant hoses above the gearbox, think its green?

I've ordered a thermostat aswell not here yet tho, I'll change them both see what happens

Cheers guys

Mine was black but the one i got from audi was green. literally a few mins to change. did you get a new clip for it too?

Mine's doing the exact same, changing both of mine tomorrow although I'm pretty sure it's just the stat.

Yeah got new clip and o ring buddy I'll have a butchers weekend, Ive heard the stat is a right pain to do tho?

Dam lol what dya rekon couple of hours ? And don't suppose you know how it's done or is there any guides on ere. Am gona have a crack of it over weekend

After you have done one it's quite easy. Just need the right tools (extension bars, swivel joint, etc.) first one took me hours to figure out. Second and third (on other cars I might add) took 20 mins each.

And obveously wait for the engine to cool for a while before removing the temp sensor!,just saying!