It couldn't last...back to an Audi...

Ess_Three

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
So there we are...
The latest addition to the family is another Audi.

The lure of the perfect interior and build quality were too much...the climate control, the dark interior, the effortless drive...

Not an S3 though...or an A3...
But an A2. My other half has just bought herself a rather fetching A2 TDI.
(but since there's nothing happening in the A2 forum...I thought I'd share it here!)

So there we are...
A 1.4 TDI (PD engine), SE spec, Mauritius Blue pearl paintwork, TT stype 6 spoke wheels, etc, etc...
Very nice it is too...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

so do you have lots of ideas on making the lil A2 handle better too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Just took your advice of tyre pressures from the other post and from my initial blast it feels great!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Didn't go too wild as the roads have been greasy with the eclectic changes in weather here! Looking forward to driving this week though!

Fanx /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Rob

[ QUOTE ]
so do you have lots of ideas on making the lil A2 handle better too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahem...
I've been warned not to...something about kitchen knives and parts of my anatomy being non-surgically removed.

Bah.

I'll have a play with the tyre pressures though...a bit of badge engineering...the addition of cruise...and a re-map.
That should do for starters. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

At least now we have an Audi again...so perhaps there will be less people complaining about me being a Moderator now, as we now have an Audi back in the family

[ QUOTE ]

Just took your advice of tyre pressures from the other post and from my initial blast it feels great!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Didn't go too wild as the roads have been greasy with the eclectic changes in weather here! Looking forward to driving this week though!

Fanx /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem Rob...
Glad to be of assistance.

[ QUOTE ]

Ahem...
I've been warned not to...something about kitchen knives and parts of my anatomy being non-surgically removed.

Bah.

I'll have a play with the tyre pressures though...a bit of badge engineering...the addition of cruise...and a re-map.
That should do for starters. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ah! well to be safe I'd recommend you do all things without saying, over a period of time - that way there's less chance of ya missus noticing! it's not like ya fitting whale tail spoilers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
At least now we have an Audi again...so perhaps there will be less people complaining about me being a Moderator now, as we now have an Audi back in the family

[/ QUOTE ]

people actually give you grief for not having the four rings ownership yet being admin? sheesh! that's like saying to Micheal Jordan when he switched to Baseball that he couldn't shoot hoops ever again, or that he didn't know jack about the game! pathetic...

( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif apologies for the example - only one I could think of at the moment! heh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif)

Back on track - I was trying to get my dad back to Audi for either an A2 tdi or a A3 tdi, when we were looking for a diesel last year. I may even go for one myself in the future dependant on circumstances....although I may even go for a golf tdi, but there's heaps of them on the roads!

Let us know how you both get on with it.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rob

[ QUOTE ]

ah! well to be safe I'd recommend you do all things without saying, over a period of time - that way there's less chance of ya missus noticing! it's not like ya fitting whale tail spoilers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your thinking...but i'm sure she'd notice a radical drop in ride height, along with a marked increase in suspension stiffness and the addition of the 17" sport wheels (RSTT type).
The good thing being that she loves the 16" 6 spoke wheels it already has...that'll save a few hundred quid by not having to change them!

[ QUOTE ]

people actually give you grief for not having the four rings ownership yet being admin? sheesh! that's like saying to Micheal Jordan when he switched to Baseball that he couldn't shoot hoops ever again, or that he didn't know jack about the game! pathetic...

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been comments to that effect...
Not that I take them too seriously...

[ QUOTE ]

Back on track - I was trying to get my dad back to Audi for either an A2 tdi or a A3 tdi, when we were looking for a diesel last year. I may even go for one myself in the future dependant on circumstances....although I may even go for a golf tdi, but there's heaps of them on the roads!

[/ QUOTE ]

My first thought was Golf GT TDI...
but thay are SOOO common...and the Golf needs work to make it stand out.
Helen loves the looks of the A2...loves the interior, the driving position, the interior, the way it drives (could be a bit faster though...i'm sure Star Performance will assist here!)

[ QUOTE ]

Let us know how you both get on with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure will...I predict it'll prove to be a good little car...loads of room...very practical, cheap to run (next to a hard, low, noisy, high-strung Golf GTI and 911).

congratulations on the new purchase, very nice little cars they are, my big sis has the 1.4 petrol variant and it is a well built car. hope you will be as happy with it as my sis is.

Glen i also changed my tyre pressures, put the front back upto 34psi like i said i would and put the rear up to 36 now. not really noticed a difference now, may take your advice and up the rear to 38 and see how it goes. im off tomorrow morning to bracknell due to work. back on friday but i'll see how the pressures are on the motorway, hopefully find a pc to post up sooner.

mmm, I must confess it wouldnt be my 1st choice. Not keen on the way the bottom of the rear window meets tailgate. And who are you foolin'? You'll never keep your hands off it's underpinnings lol!

An ideal car for the Mrs and an Audi to boot.

Nice one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Good choice Glen,
I was going to get one for my wife but Audi messed us around we even had it booked and test drove one but in the end we got a A3 sportback 1.6fsi which is perfect for the wife and our wee baby. I still have my old A3TS which is getting chipped next Tuesday so I'm looking forward to that.
Deano. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif