Green cotton panel filter fitted... Now massive power loss

Benjiman46

R-Tech Terrorist
Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

Last night I fitted a green cotton panel filter to my more or less standard 2000 W reg Audi S3 210 (with drilled airbox), took the car for a drive and found its massively down on power. It feels as if something is holding it back. The car no longer throws me back into the seat it just sort of whooshes upto speed. I can hear my forge fmdv008 dumping through the inlet quite a bit now too.

Has anyone else had this problem? And if so how did you fix it?

The only mods I have done is the uprated diverter valve, drilled airbox and green cotton filter.

It has never been like this before and I don't really want to waste the £40 odd I spent on the filter. I want to fix it if possible. I haven't put the old one filter back in because I binned it before trying it -_-

Cheers
Ben

Well... to eliminate the filter have you tried putting it back to the std paper one?

I suspect there is more to this such as forgetting to connect the MAF sensor after taking the airbox apart of similar... scan for fault codes as you could well be in limp

Changing an air filter won't affect anything in this way so I would put money on it being something else tbh

<tuffty/>

As Tufty said, an air filter is not exactly able to affect your car in this way, spend a good few minutes going over every connection in the airbox area of the engine bay to make sure nothing is left disconnected/loose.

Do S3's have the ignition amp in the airbox? Could have disconnected that?