What steering Wheel Should I have/Get?

slydog18

N88GGY S3
Reaction score
After posting a link to the pistonheads ad that i bought my car from someone said that i had the wrong wheel. On another post it seemed that it was an optional wheel and not very well liked. It is a round wheel with the 6 buttons for stereo.

Should my car come with a falt bottom wheel with buttons like on 8p chassis or just a plain S3 wheel?

I have seen an 8P flat wheel with MF butttons but believe that it is not easy swap.

Any help? Pics would be great :)

Never seen an 8L S3 fbmfsw,saw a retro fitted one off an 8P

This is my standard S3 steering wheel

Nikonpictures060.jpg

I'm guessing your steering wheel is round with no S3 badge but has control for the stereo on it? If so that is the optional extra steering wheel offered on the A3/S3 range

After posting a link to the pistonheads ad that i bought my car from someone said that i had the wrong wheel. On another post it seemed that it was an optional wheel and not very well liked. It is a round wheel with the 6 buttons for stereo.

Should my car come with a falt bottom wheel with buttons like on 8p chassis or just a plain S3 wheel?

I have seen an 8P flat wheel with MF butttons but believe that it is not easy swap.

Any help? Pics would be great :)

Your wheel was an option on the S3 but as others have said not a pretty one. You can easily change back to the standard wheel as in Hoggy's post above if you're prepared to lose the stereo controls. I have one for sale which is listed on the classifieds if you want to do this. :whistle2:
If you want to fit the newer 8P wheel then it's possible but is quite a job to ensure the airbag will still work correctly and not throw up any fault codes. The only guys I know who have successfully done this mod are Hazzy Dayz which is who I used. Price to fit wheel (not including any parts) is around £400.

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

hmmm......I actually dont mind my wheel and think the S3 one looks a bit more dated despite the badge. I do love the 8P one you have Andy. As long as the one I have is not wrong I will leave it for now as my car is totally standard, apart from wheels, and an in near mint condition Noggy.
I will probably do some shows this summer and see the reaction I get as a lovely original car, might even get a set of mint original alloys to complete the originality. I own a lovely Infinity Perfect VQ amp and sub but cant bring my self to mess with the car in any way its that nice.............but thats just my opinion :) Will have to gauge comments this summer.

Andy that looks spot on mate so up to date!

OP...can you post a picture of your current wheel? i personnaly never seen one on an S3, and would like to see some pictures