Clutch dying... What is the best make to replace it with?

Benjiman46

R-Tech Terrorist
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Had my S3 just over a week now and I must admit, it's turning out to be a bit of a shed.

So far it's had disks and pads on the front, a new outer cv joint and now the clutch and gearbox are playing up.

I'm buying a 2nd hand gearbox and having it fully reconditioned, buying a new clutch and hydraulic release ******** then hopefully I will just be able to forget about it all.

I'm just wondering what the best kind of clutch is that I can buy for upto £150. I'm after something good quality, but not a race or paddle clutch. Something that can handle about 260bhp without any major dramas.

Any ideas will help.

Cheers
Ben

phone gsfluk clutch kit should do the job for about that price unless you need a dualmass
Nice one. How will I know if it needs the DMF by the way? Are there any tell tale signs to look for once the gearbox and clutch are off?CheersBen

DMF's are normally good for around 2 clutch changes as a rule but obviously this can be subjective...

Here is a useful video for testing a DMF... I would advise getting new bolts for the flywheel and clutch cover too...
Frequently Asked Questions | Honest John

<tuffty/>

my original DMF had play at 80k & was recently replaced along with the clutch. I went for LUK from eurocarparts total cost for parts was £415. I have a remap & all is good.