Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

another temperature question

for the past 2 day when i pop the ignition on i get a beeping sound and a red flashing sign which looks like something water related. what is this? , also car will only warm up to around 75-80 degrees when driving, if in traffic it does go to 90 degrees but then once moving it goes back to 75-80 degrees again, what would cause this? cheers in advance guys....

2. # ADS
    ADS

Brum brum

Status
    Anything Red means it should really be investigated. Which one of these is it - I'm guessing 9? In which case you need to check your coolant, although note that the sensor can throw this fault when it's really cold (mine did it). I just added a tiny bit of de-ionised water and that sorted it.

Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

5th Gear

Status
    Tuffty is going to love this post. Is ur coolant level ok? And are the contacts inside ok? I'd suggest same as all other temp posts. Thermostat stuck open would explain the lack of engine temp.
    MODS - Custom Code phase 1, 007p DV, various powerflex bushes, EBC grooved and drilled - red stuff pads, N249 deletion. Badger5 V2 80mm TIP. Scorpion backbox + custom centre section, LCR front splitter, Jetex Fr-08001, R32 rear ARB, Forged IE rifle drilled rods, 20mm rear & 15mm front spacers.

TO DO - Coilovers, adjustable tie arms, DP/mani/decat, FMIC and new remap

1st Gear

Status
    jcs cheers buddy, it is coolant level. i have checked this though and its bang on the line it should be on. any thoughts on why this would still flash and beep? also any idea on the temperature not increasing much when i drive along? cheers dude..

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3featesV9 View Post
    Tuffty is going to love this post. Is ur coolant level ok? And are the contacts inside ok? I'd suggest same as all other temp posts. Thermostat stuck open would explain the lack of engine temp.
    hi buddy yeah ive checked the coolant level, obvious thing i could think of at 1st, level is bang on the line, havent checked the contacts to be honest so will look at it when i get up tomorrow. i will get a new thermostat anyway too, my step dad ownes a car spares shop so i will get everything trade price. cheers mate....

5th Gear

Status
    I've never experienced this issue, but do remember seeing a post about it a while back. Once he cleaned up the sensor contacts the problem stopped. Might be worth while replacing the CTS too. Takes 30 seconds to replace and only be a couple of quid with your trade discount.
    MODS - Custom Code phase 1, 007p DV, various powerflex bushes, EBC grooved and drilled - red stuff pads, N249 deletion. Badger5 V2 80mm TIP. Scorpion backbox + custom centre section, LCR front splitter, Jetex Fr-08001, R32 rear ARB, Forged IE rifle drilled rods, 20mm rear & 15mm front spacers.

TO DO - Coilovers, adjustable tie arms, DP/mani/decat, FMIC and new remap

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3featesV9 View Post
    I've never experienced this issue, but do remember seeing a post about it a while back. Once he cleaned up the sensor contacts the problem stopped. Might be worth while replacing the CTS too. Takes 30 seconds to replace and only be a couple of quid with your trade discount.
    thanks for the help, yeah i will change it all i think. not worried on the cost i just want my car running 100% again.