Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: bongo's a3 20vt

  1. #1
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18

    bongo's a3 20vt

    turned 17 december so bought myself A3 8l 1.8t agu w reg also bought some b5 rs4 reps 18x8 wheels for it
    been having a few nigles such as boost leak dv gone and pankcake gone also none return crankcase valve
    broke off but blocked off at inlet
    also engine temp sens gone and thermo and water pump possibly
    and the usual stereo volume control also today the rear speakers and sub suddenly came on and i have never heard them before could this be a loose conection ?
    i know i got wheels before coils but they were cheap
    need to get some 215/35's ,10mm front spacers and 18/20 mm rear
    painted inlet gloss crackle black aswell
    lots more plans

    Resized to 69% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlarge

    Resized to 69% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlarge

    Resized to 69% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlarge

    Resized to 69% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlarge

    Resized to 69% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlarge

    Resized to 69% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlarge

    Resized to 92% (was 768 x 1024) - Click image to enlarge

    Resized to 69% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlarge

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    A3AH's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    365
    Nice car, good luck getting it all sorted.

    Out of curiousity whats your insurance like at 17?

    Ive got a loose connection on mine aswell, havent got round to having it looked at.

  4. #3
    "Stick a V8 in it!"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Glenrothes, Fife, Scotland
    Posts
    14,914
    Given the wheels are already sticking out past the arches, why are you wanting to space them even more???

    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build


  5. #4
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by A3AH View Post
    Nice car, good luck getting it all sorted.

    Out of curiousity whats your insurance like at 17?

    Ive got a loose connection on mine aswell, havent got round to having it looked at.
    it works out about 2.5k which is steep but worth it
    and yeah might av a look but i rekon it could be the headunit ?

    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    Given the wheels are already sticking out past the arches, why are you wanting to space them even more???
    poke my friend

  6. #5
    "Stick a V8 in it!"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Glenrothes, Fife, Scotland
    Posts
    14,914
    So your going to deliberately make the car look like sh*t and drive like sh*t? Well done.

    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build


  7. #6
    16Klappe's Avatar
    Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    4,905

    My Social Networking

    Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Volcano black pre-facelift with an AGU, you've got half of the ingredients to make a proper S3 slayer there. If you get past 230bhp drop me a message and I'll send you out the badge.

  8. #7
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    So your going to deliberately make the car look like sh*t and drive like sh*t? Well done.
    thankyouu

    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Volcano black pre-facelift with an AGU, you've got half of the ingredients to make a proper S3 slayer there. If you get past 230bhp drop me a message and I'll send you out the badge.
    my thoughts exactly haha and it waz your car that made me want a volcano black but mines ly9b :s

  9. #8
    16Klappe's Avatar
    Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    4,905

    My Social Networking

    Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-bongo View Post
    my thoughts exactly haha and it waz your car that made me want a volcano black but mines ly9b :s
    Ahhh Schwarz Black, silly phone didn't fully load the pictures.

    Thanks buddy, appreciate it.

    If you need any help or advice drop me a PM, otherwise good luck

    Are the plans for power or looks? Nice car to have at your age given the current climate, good work.

  10. #9
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Ahhh Schwarz Black, silly phone didn't fully load the pictures.

    Thanks buddy, appreciate it.

    If you need any help or advice drop me a PM, otherwise good luck

    Are the plans for power or looks? Nice car to have at your age given the current climate, good work.
    cheers dude will do

    looks first and then power i dont want to go mad as i havent had it long i think tuning it will result in me stacking it haha but within 12 months i rekon ko3s fmic remap decent exhaust and all the general 20vt mods that come with them , my dream would be to drop a r32 lump in it and make it 4wd or 2.0tfsi

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. K04 on an A3 20vt...ebay?
    By quattro rob in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 8th November 2009, 20:05
  2. Strange rattle!!! A3 20VT
    By paul26982 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 8th October 2009, 10:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO