Silicone TIP Help

atr1g1978

Reaction score
I bought a silicone turbo intake pipe from Ebay, i made sure i ordered the correct one for my AUM engine. But when my mate from Audi today tried to fit it, he said one it was slighty too long which fine as we can trim it. But he also noticed that it didnt look a straight swap he said the original pipe has some sort of sleeve on it. He said he would take it away and look into it.

Can anyone explain what they had to do to fit the silicone tip do the turbo it would be a great help?:think: as im desperate to get this fitted.

I know that replacing the tip on the K04 with a badger 5 is a decent performance upgrade,

But for a k03s is a silicone tip a noticable performance upgrade or more for durability?

I know that replacing the tip on the K04 with a badger 5 is a decent performance upgrade,

But for a k03s is a silicone tip a noticable performance upgrade or more for durability?

Have a read through the link I posted.... you can see the difference in the OEM vs the silicon one and Tom's given his views on the 'upgrade' :)

<tuffty/>

I did read it, obviously not far enough.. Lol

Edit: "car seems to pick up a little better higher up in the revs"

Im guessing from that walkthrough it'd be best to do my silicone tip, jetex cone and 007p DV altogether?

Cheers.

I've changed my tip recently on a AUM following that guide, worked perfectly. I fitted a Jetex aswell. when the windows are up & u drive along u can hear the turbo spool really loud and the let-off/dump is noticeably louder.

Only thing is don't know what it is, when i get over 3k it sounds like u cant hear the turbo spool anymore or the induction noise just seems to disappear power dosent seem down tho?