Having trouble fitting yellow engine mount bush to my S3

welshy_s3

Reaction score
I've just attempted to fit a yellow powerflex dogbone bush thinking it would be a two second job, but it turns out the long bolt holding the mount together doesn't appear to be long enough. Is it best to trim the bush down or to replace the bolt with a slightly longer item??

The bolt is long enough as it was holding the bushes together before you changed the old ones out for the power flex ones, what I did was put it in a vice until the bolt would thread then take it out of the vice to tighten up

I put the rubber bushes side by side the powerflex bushes and the slightly larger bush seems to be a good 5mm deeper. Its a brand new mount too so its not as if the stock bushes had worn. I'll try a vice tomorrow and see where it takes me! Cheers

It may not of been old (the oem bush) but it would of been compressed by the mount.

When I fitted mine I couldnt catch a thread, so used a vice to compress it together as stated above

same here, i used a vice to compress, as otherwise they nut would only just touch the end of the bolt.