Clunking/knocking noise when full lock...

Audiman99

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone has any ideas what the noise could be. Seems to make a strange clunking/knocking noise a couple of times whenever I have the steering on full lock in both directions. I can feel the knocking coming through the drivers footwell. It doesnt do it when turning normally, only full lock.

My last MOT was 6 months ago and I had an advisory for the top mounts being slightly worn. I've changed the droplinks and arb bushes recently too. Someone mentioned to me lower ball joints could be the issue?

Thanks guys,

Allan

Could possibly be the cv joints, But as you say the top mounts came up as an advisory so they would be the first thing to check, Check there isn't a massive gap between the rubber and the strut body, And check for any excessive wear.
Might be worth just replacing them to take them out of the equation, With the cv's, Check the boots for any splits etc

Cool, just gotta wait for the weather to get better Hopefully is just the top mounts, I already have a pair I bought a few months back, just need to get them fitted.

Sounds like excessive play in the cv joints to me but could very well be the top
mounts if they were an advisory previously.