Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Haldex system confusion

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoal007 View Post
    I know this is a week old, but the question has only just occurred to me.
    So you stated the diff only was replaced for the second time and the problem was cured, but yet the removing the fuse was curing the problem.
    electrical issue- mechanical component, I don't get that.

Maybe someone can explain the electrical component of the diff !
    http://www.vaglinks.com/Docs/Audi/TT...StudyGuide.pdf

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Anyone know if there is a Gen 2 version of that?

Another S3 owner....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    sorry, but I cant see it. It talks a lot about the haldex and it's electrical parts...and how it couples to the diff. But in the case above the diff only was replaced not the haldex.
    02 plate - 2002 - 225bhp - S3 - Ming Blue - completely standard - nuff said, OK there's a centre armrest, sunroof, BOSE speakers & black leather recaros, oh and the non OE chrome pack !

Erf
    1st Gear

Status
    Thegoal sorry for any confusion, but most rear diffs for sale will also include the haldex unit (not the ecu) as did mine. I think when ppl talk about replacing the rear diff, they are generally talking about replacing the haldex as you rarely find just the haldex for sale.

Gen 2 will not fit on the 8L vorshsprungdork.
    Silver 2002 S3 - Alloy Mirrors - RNS-E - Parrot MKI9200 - Beesting Ariel - Stealth Catch Can - S2000 Air Filter - R32 Rear ARB

Oyster Grey 2008 A6 Avant S-Line 2.0TDI DPF

Another S3 owner....

Status
    Ah, I see now. Did it also come with a pre charge pump or did u put your existing on on that too ?
    02 plate - 2002 - 225bhp - S3 - Ming Blue - completely standard - nuff said, OK there's a centre armrest, sunroof, BOSE speakers & black leather recaros, oh and the non OE chrome pack !

2nd Gear

Status
    Sorry, forgot I am in an 8l thread, mines an 8P (imposter).

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by eznow View Post
    i cant remember which block it was but its in 22-awd i went into adv measured blocks and selected the haldex clutch/pump block which tells you the status of the pump. mine is in "lo" mode when ignition is on but soon as the engine is started it stays in "hi" mode till the engine is switched off. If someone without this problem could check if theirs does this would help a lot thanks
    eznow - Mine is the exact same with the pump on vagcom showing hi all the time! Had any joy since you posted this?

Cheers buddy

Erf
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Erf View Post
    Just an update from me - I'm now sorted! I bought a 2nd replacement diff(!) item number 221187984879 on ebay and it has done the trick. I'm going to also do haldex oil and filter change and probably replace the oil in the rear diff too just to ensure I don't have any further issues. I wanted to get my car sorted before I sell it, but now I have to replace the top mounts and the tie arms are looking a bit iffy so might have to replace them too - don't think I will end up selling the car at this point now cos I'm just throwing money away that I will never see back....
    Chaps - it looks like my joy was short lived. I thought my problem was sorted, but it's back (or may not have gone in the first instance!). I went to get my rear diff oil and haldex oil / filter changed on Tuesday and then put fuse 31 back in, but the dragging is still there, but weirdly, just not as noticeable as before

I'm now pretty sure my controller is goosed and the regulator is staying closed so there is maximum pressure on the clutch.

I've ordered a replacement controller off ebay which should be arriving tomorrow so will provide an update then.

Fun and games
    Silver 2002 S3 - Alloy Mirrors - RNS-E - Parrot MKI9200 - Beesting Ariel - Stealth Catch Can - S2000 Air Filter - R32 Rear ARB

Another S3 owner....

Status
    The controller is another part you've replaced previously.
    So I guess this is number 2 or is it the third one ?

Also I thought you actually bought one of your previous controller off a member from this forum !

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoal007 View Post
    The controller is another part you've replaced previously.
    So I guess this is number 2 or is it the third one ?

Also I thought you actually bought one of your previous controller off a member from this forum !
    Im not sure how many he bought, but one was from me, a low miler, im not sure what you are trying to say here,,,?

Erf
    1st Gear

Status
    Not replaced the controller before! Replaced the pump with one from s3dave as said above, but that is fully functioning! Waiting for the Royal Mail with baited breath!

Another S3 owner....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Im not sure how many he bought, but one was from me, a low miler, im not sure what you are trying to say here,,,?
    S3 Dave, Sorry mate, 'I thought' wrongly as Erf has pointed out.

Erf, well that really narrows it down if you get it working replacing the controller.
    Are you able to check what jimbob442 asked above. ?

Erf
    1st Gear

Status
    New controller just arrived in the post and despite be assured it's off a facelift model, it looks like it's the wrong part!

Anyone with a known working hadlex controller off a car with ESP, PLEASE PM ASAP!!!!!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbob442 View Post
    eznow - Mine is the exact same with the pump on vagcom showing hi all the time! Had any joy since you posted this?

Cheers buddy
    Hey folks,
    Mine is doing the same thing!! (2001 Audi TT) I have been everyplace asking, I have seen this problem quite a bunch but NEVER any answer! Anybody ever fix this problem? Issue is as follows, car is locked up in 4x4, binding, popping when turning, unplugging the Haldex controler makes it all go away. Vag-Com says pre-charge pump is staying in HI all the time, parking brake will not shut pump off. rear end has been swapped with a known good one, along with pump, controlers have been changed...with new....twice. problem still persists! Did everybody just give up and sell the cars?

Erf
    1st Gear

Status
    I fixed mine eventually by replacing the controller but not until I'd replaced the diff twice, pre charge pump twice, front wheel speed sensors and numerous oil and filter changes! When replacing with second hand parts, there's no way of the knowing the replacement parts are defective too. This has been a very costly exercise for me!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456