Ride quality really bad - Top mounts needed?

doublem_1

Reaction score
I have a 52 reg A3 Tdi Quattro and I have noticed particularly in past few months that the ride quality is really bad. You can feel every bump! It doesn't soak any of them up. Also, on the motorway it seems there is a high level of road noise. I am planning on a road trip around europe in May and would really like to sort this by then!

I replaced the front ARB bushes and this helped a little. But I suspect the top mounts need doing, I'm not expert but the car does seem to sit a little low at the front. Any idea on what could need replacing or looking at?

My tyre pressures are spot on.

Last edited:
Top mounts will knock more than anything!,id say cars kinda do that abit in the colder weather (cold tyre's)!

Dampers on their way out?

I reckon it could well be the dampers. The rears certainly look past it. Is this a fairly straight forward job?

Top mounts will knock more than anything!,id say cars kinda do that abit in the colder weather (cold tyre's)!

I suppose there is a kind of knocking noise. It's just the bumps sound really loud in the car. Don't happen to know a good VAG mechanic in Bristol do you? :sm4:

I've got the ap kit and the ride is really good on the road and still quite firm, the roads are prity bad round me so a good ride (stop it...:)) is what I was after.

Last edited: