Finially decided for a change, how do you think the S3 will...

pure

Reaction score
Compare to a 350z? I don't think there is much power difference between a chipped S and the 350, The S3 is a little litghter too.

Stuck my S3 in the for sale section on the forum if any 1 is interested /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Got a test drive booked for tomorrow morning.

no driven one but from what I've heard, should be quicker than the S3 and linear power delivery. different kind of car though.

I'm trying to decide what I might get next, thinking S2000 at the moment

I borrowed an S2000 for a couple of weeks, it was great at 1st, but I soon got bored of it :-/ So looked at the 350 instead.

[ QUOTE ]

I want a starter button /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, that starter button is pointless, u have to put the key in the ignition 1st b4 it works anyways /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I got bored of it because, there is no happy medium with that car. It is either slow or fast....

You have to be ragging the ****** off it to have fun. And when your not in the vtec power zone it is very slow with no torque.

It was a pain to drive fast in the wet and in manchester is rains 90% of the time anyways lol.

On the other hand when the road was adequate, drop a couple of gears and have some fun. Pretty driver demanding car to drive quick.

Best things about it were the gear box and the brakes were top notch too.

ANy1 know how long it takes for your advert to appear in the forsale forum??? I forgot to add some details too it but it still aint shown up yet.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I would imagine a moderator looks at it first... so when they can be bothered!

I still think starter buttons are cool... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

know what you mean about the S2000 do you know which model year it was you drove as I hear the 2002 on ones are better?

[ QUOTE ]
ANy1 know how long it takes for your advert to appear in the forsale forum??? I forgot to add some details too it but it still aint shown up yet.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It gets done as soon as we can get to it...we mods have lives too, you know.

Anyway...it should be up now...I processed all the waiting posts.

If I was going to change my car the 350Z would be seriously considered. Not driven one but my god does it look good. Sat inside one at my local Nissan garage and was very impressed, although unless they have Sat Nav there's a huge plastic cover on the console that looks a bit naff.

In term of comparison with an S3 I don't think it's fair. The S3 is a hot hatch that doesn't intend to be a sports car, just a fast, luxury hatch with the benefit of quattro. Whereas the 350Z is a good looking GT/coupe style car for the poser wanting a bit of rear wheel drive fun. Performance wise it's different again, turbo action against boomy V6.

All I can say is if your bored with the S3 and want a coupe, and have the cash of course then you can't really go wrong with the 350Z. Re-sales will be very good and you'd look the biz. Just don't expect a huge, or even small performance increase.

[ QUOTE ]
do you know which model year it was you drove as I hear the 2002 on ones are better?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a 52/2002 plate matey.

[ QUOTE ]
If I was going to change my car the 350Z would be seriously considered. Not driven one but my god does it look good. Sat inside one at my local Nissan garage and was very impressed, although unless they have Sat Nav there's a huge plastic cover on the console that looks a bit naff.

In term of comparison with an S3 I don't think it's fair. The S3 is a hot hatch that doesn't intend to be a sports car, just a fast, luxury hatch with the benefit of quattro. Whereas the 350Z is a good looking GT/coupe style car for the poser wanting a bit of rear wheel drive fun. Performance wise it's different again, turbo action against boomy V6.

All I can say is if your bored with the S3 and want a coupe, and have the cash of course then you can't really go wrong with the 350Z. Re-sales will be very good and you'd look the biz. Just don't expect a huge, or even small performance increase.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, some good points there. I didn't notice much of a performance increase, but it is a different kind of power delivery to the S, seems much more progresive. Don't get me wrong, I love my S but it is time for a change now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Off to Nissan in a min with the missis, I have to talk her round 1st...she can't seem to see past the Nissan badge at the moment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Off to Nissan in a min with the missis, I have to talk her round 1st...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I had this dilema 8 months ago, what to trade up for after an S3........ went for an '04 S4

That was via road testing a SLK 350, 350Z, 3.0i Z4, S4 Cab, Porsche Boxster S and RX8. Depends on what you want from a car I suppose, the 350Z stood out from the others pretty well but lacks any sort of practicality compared to what you curently have. But if you have another car in the family and don't care about that it would be a good choice.

I went for an S4 because I still wanted practicality, seats for more than just one other and linear performance from a whopping big engine. The only one I didn't consider is the Monaro VXR because I couldn't test drive one as Vauxhall didn't have one at the time locally; but I have a friend with one and it is stonkingly good, even though it is a Vauxhall. The normal Monaro's are also good and cheap at the mo as everyone wants a VXR. And you can't beat a V8 soundtrack for that price without modifying IMO.

[ QUOTE ]

Off to Nissan in a min with the missis, I have to talk her round 1st...she can't seem to see past the Nissan badge at the moment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for her. I'd get tired of explaining that my Nissan is the good one, "no, no, not the normal Nissans, it's the sporty one, you know the one that doesn't look like a Nissan"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for her. I'd get tired of explaining that my Nissan is the good one, "no, no, not the normal Nissans, it's the sporty one, you know the one that doesn't look like a Nissan"

[/ QUOTE ]

When I got there, she looked at an Almera, and said..."I don't like it"

Then I pointed at the 350 and she changed her mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yeah, funny that.

Almera. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

350Z. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would imagine a moderator looks at it first... so when they can be bothered!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheeky git!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep that would be me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

So Pure how did the test drive go, or have you not actually driven it yet?

Yep, test drive was great. Power wise it was very similar to a chiped S3, hard to explain tho, it felt slightly quicker. Gear box was great, felt very chuckable into corners and it sounded great.

Definately getting 1 now. Car went into the trader today.

Pure - is it true there's a waiting list for the 350's?

[ QUOTE ]
Pure - is it true there's a waiting list for the 350's?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, not a waiting list as such, but there is a 90 day wait once you have ordered. Thats why some people have bought and sold theirs for more. Also the price is going up on them by £500 in may for the roadster and the coupe :-/

Hey Pure!

Good to meet you on Saturday at the 350z Rolling Road meet. Its a small world isn't it?! :)

Some of the Z's there looked absolutely awesome, and sounded just as good on the rollers too. I'd have one. Unfortunately I don't have the money. :-(

AL

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Pure!

Good to meet you on Saturday at the 350z Rolling Road meet. Its a small world isn't it?! :)

Some of the Z's there looked absolutely awesome, and sounded just as good on the rollers too. I'd have one. Unfortunately I don't have the money. :-(

AL

[/ QUOTE ]

Always nice to put a face to the name, good to meet you too. Have you seen my ad in the trading forum and in the auto trader yet? Do you think it is ok? Not over/underpriced to much?

Hopefully I will sell Soon and get my self 1. I was impressed with the cars on Sat, and those 350 lads are a nice bunch too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

it's got a renault v6 engine gents!
same as in the safrane and other tosh motors.
need I say more!

the lump has nothing to do with nismo or the same people who produced the legenary RB26 inside the GTRs..god I miss that stright six hum and twin blown grunt!
don't miss the running costs.

350 z drives well and good fun.
totally diff car to the S3 though.